An oversized guestroom, situated on the second floor, facing the front of the house. A large King-sized bed with quality linens ensures a spacious comfortable nights rest. The sunny bay window has 2 stuffed chairs, perfect for catching up on reading. This room also has a decorative fireplace. The bath for this room is shared with the Duxbury and Pembroke rooms.
Amenities & Rates
We are ourselves, part-time residents in the home, and therefore, may or may not be present during your stay. Arrival to the home requires access using a lock box, not necessarily a personal greeting. Your only company at the home may be other guests. All guestrooms have secure locks. Again, no breakfast is served, and city regulations do not allow for guests to prepare meals using the home's kitchen (unless your reservation is for the separate apartment, which has a fully equipped kitchen guests are allowed to use).
Check in is available after 2pm (earlier check in may be arranged in advance) and check out is 11am. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer accommodations for children or pets. Our home is non-smoking for the comfort of all our guests.
Our rates are seasonal and based on the number of persons traveling, and length of stay. Spring and Fall are peak travel times for Washington, and tend to be our busiest times.
- The Pembroke, Duxbury and Hingham rooms range from $65-115 per night.
- The Norwell runs from $110-150 per night.
- The Apartment from $125-185 per night.
Weekly and Monthly rates are available depending on availability. Rates are subject to change. We always require a minimum stay of 2 nights. Peak weekends, holidays and special events may require a 3-night stay.
- Comfortable Accommodations at Reasonable Rates
- 2 Blocks to Metro - U Street/Cardozo Station (Green/Yellow Lines)
- Most Rooms with Refrigerator and Coffee Maker
- Some Rooms with Shared Bath
- One Room with Jacuzzi
- Furnished Apartment with Private Entrance also Available
- Non Smoking/Pet Free
- Easy access to the Washington Convention Center, Smithsonian Museums, and National Mall
- Off-Street Parking ($15 per night)
- Regretfully, children under 18 cannot be accommodated
- Wireless Internet Access- *New*
We offer guests a choice of 4 nicely appointed guestrooms, or a furnished efficiency style apartment. We do not characterize ourselves as a typical Bed and Breakfast. Our rooms are tastefully decorated with high quality linens, but we do not offer televisions or telephones in each room, or Internet access of any kind. Each room is equipped with a small refrigerator, coffee maker and complimentary coffee, but we do not serve breakfast. These factors allow us to offer quality rooms at very affordable rates. For those guests traveling to Washington with a car, we have 2 off-street parking spaces, which can be reserved for a small fee.