Adam's Inn Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Adam's Inn, a Victorian B&B spanning three 100-year old buildings on a quiet residential street, has been a "home away from home" for international and budget-conscious travelers for more than 20 years. Located in historic Adams Morgan, the Inn borders a vibrant, multicultural entertainment district that is home to more than one hundred of DCs most popular shops, restaurants, and music clubs.
The National Zoo, White House, Convention Center, museums, galleries and many other tourist attractions are just minutes away by foot, subway, bus or taxi. The Inn is just a 7 block walk from the Woodley Park Red Line Metro station and a 10 block walk from the Columbia Heights Green & Yellow Line Metro station. Adams Inn offers comfort, charm, and affordability, plus a friendly and knowledgeable staff that goes out of its way to be helpful.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Lindsey Wheatley for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
We are centrally located in the heart of Northwest Washington, DC. Close to many of the attractions, but at a reasonable rate.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are known for being a budget friendly home for a broad range of guests. We are right in the heart of a very expensive city, but offer reasonable rates. I love that on any given morning there will be several languages being spoken around the breakfast table.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Without a doubt the biggest draw in DC is that it is the nation's capital!
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
That it's a home away from home!
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
There is a wonderful, thriving nightlife with lots of ecclectic restaurants, bars and music venues just a short walk from our property.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Visit the National Mall and the museums, take a bike tour, see the pandas at the zoo, take in a free show at the Kennedy Center.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
We are in the heart of Washington, DC and are within walking distance of the National Zoo, the metro and many bars/restaurants.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Some favorites in the area are Tryst for coffee and snacks, Bistrot du Coin for mussels, Bossa for tapas.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Destination DC and the Smithsonian websites as well as the WMATA site for transportation information.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 26 rooms.
Do you accept pets?
Yes, dogs are permitted with restrictions.
- Single occupancy rates ranging from $99 to $199 per night
- Continental breakfast included
- Short Walk to Metro
- 27 guest rooms, 16 with private bath
- Free Wireless Internet Access
- Delicious Continental breakfast served daily
- Inn facilities are also available for business and social functions
- Cable TV, DVD, VCR, and pay phones in common areas
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Garden patio
- Guest kitchen with refrigerator and microwave
- Guest laundry facility
- Limited garage parking (reservations necessary via phone or email only, no online parking reservations)
- Pet Friendly
Each guest room at Adams Inn is unique in its decor. Some rooms have a private bath, others have a wash basin in the room and share a bath down the hall. Many rooms can accommodate up to four guests, and all rooms are air-conditioned.
Chat with your hosts and meet interesting guests from all over the world in our sitting rooms. Get your day off to a bright start in our sunny breakfast room, where a delicious Continental breakfast is served Monday - Friday between 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m., Saturday and Sunday between 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Adam's Inn is accessible by subway (a 10-minute walk from the red line, Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams-Morgan and green/yellow line, Columbia Heights stations); taxi from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport; or by shuttle or taxi from Baltimore-Washington International and Washington Dulles International airports.
Our garden was certified as a Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation.
Children of all ages are welcome at Adam's Inn Bed & Breakfast.
Adam's Inn is pet-friendly and allows dogs in 3 rooms with exterior entrances (100A, 100B, 15).
- All pets must be pre-approved
- We charge a fee of $25/night for the first dog and $10/night for an additional dog
- We also require a fully refundable $100 damage deposit
- Dogs must be trained and well behaved
- Dogs may not be left alone in the room unless in a cage
- We may consider other pets on a case-by-case basis
- Adam's Inn is not liable for the health or safety of any pets
"This cozy Victorian hideaway in a vibrant neighborhood offers unique and affordable lodging."
"You will feel like a guest in somebody's home at this bed and breakfast located in thriving Adams-Morgan. This inn is modeled after those in Britain, which emphasize personal attention and comfort."
"Think cozy and rustic and you've captured the essence of this European-style bed-and-breakfast in the heart of the city."
How To Find Us
Walking Directions from Metro to Adams Inn
RED Line - Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan Station (1/2 mile, 10-15 minute walk):
- Head Right (south) on Connecticut Ave out of Metro station - 1 block
- Turn Left on Calvert Street
- Cross Duke Ellington Bridge, walk 2 block past bridge
- Left at Exxon station on Lanier Place, walk to 1746 Lanier Place
ll GREEN & YELLOW Lines - Columbia Heights Station (3/4 mile, 12-18 minute walk)
- Exit station on South bound side, continue ahead on Irving Street
- Cross 15th & 16th Streets, make Left turn on Mt. Pleasant Street
- Turn Right on Harvard, cross to Argonne Street
- Make a Left on Lanier Place, walk 2 blocks to 1746 Lanier Place
Airport Shuttle Services
Super Shuttle: 1-800-BLUEVAN (1-800-258-3826)
Washington Flyer: l-888-WASHFLY (l-888-927-4359). Shuttle service between West Falls Church Metro and Dulles Airport.
Royal Airport Limousine: 1-800-653-0888
Jaguar Express: 1-800-545-2944
Prime Executive Service: 1-800-241-9747
Diamond Cab: 202-387-6200
Yellow Cab: 202-544-1212
Dulles Express Cab: 202-333-8181
District Taxi: 202-398-0505
Red Top Car Service: 202-882-3300
Washington Flyer Taxi (to and from Dulles Airport only): 703-66l-6655