Manor House Inn (Bed and Breakfast)
The Country French Room
Located on the third floor, is an elegant escape with a queen size antique French bed and armoire. The sitting area offers three large windows that overlook the grounds and gardens. The large cedar lined bath has a luxurious soaking tub and shower with a sky light.
The Cottage Room
This wonderfully intimate room located on the third floor has a sloped ceiling and a very comfortable double bed. Enjoy a bird's eye view of the grounds from the corner chair. Maximum Occupancy 2
The Morgan Room
This is an inviting room located on the second floor. It has a queen bed, a two-person whirlpool, and a cozy sitting area. The dutch door, leads out to a private balcony with a beautiful view of the gardens and gazebo.
The Spofford Room
The original master bedroom of the estate located on the second floor feels like a luxurious step back in time. The elegant king size four poster bed overlooks the spacious sitting area and wood burning fireplace. The private bath has a shower and also leads out to a private balcony with a panoramic view of the grounds.
The English Room
Located at the end of the second floor hall, is spacious and private. It offers a king size four poster bed and sitting area which opens to a private bath with a two person whirlpool bath and separate shower.
The Victorian Room
A wonderful romantic escape located on the third floor. This spacious room has a king size sleigh bed, a cozy sitting area with a gas burning fireplace, and a two person whirlpool with skylight.
The Lincoln Room
Located on the second floor, is a cozy room with an antique French queen bed and a wood burning fireplace. Three large windows provide a beautiful view of the grounds and gardens.
Nestled on the third floor, this suite offers privacy with panoramic views. The stairway leads to two room that have an adjoining bath with a shower and skylight. One room offers an antique French queen bed and the other serves as a sitting room with a gas burning stove. This room can accommodate up to four people.
Located on the second floor, this cozy room has an antique brass and iron queen sized bed with a sitting area and a nice view of the grounds. The large bath has the original claw foot tub and shower.
- We are very pleased that you have chosen The Manor House for your special getaway. Above anything else, we want your visit with us to be one that you will always remember fondly. Please be sure to let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure that your stay is as relaxing as possible.
- Check In/Out. Check in time is between 3-7 P.M. Please let the innkeeper know if you need to come earlier, or would like to drop off your luggage earlier than 3:00 PM. Check out is at 11:30a.m. If you would like to extend your stay, please feel free to inquire. Please ASK and we would be happy to accommodate you longer IF WE ARE ABLE up until 1p.m. Extended stays after 1p.m. will be charged for a half night’s room rate. Anytime after 3p.m. will be charged for a full night’s room rate.
- Breakfast. Breakfast is served from 8:30-10 a.m. in the dining room. Also, please notify us in advance of any allergies or dietary restrictions, we are happy to accommodate you in every way possible.
- Dining Information. Please see our recommended restaurant list on our web site. There is a book of menus of area restaurants in the library. Reservations are recommended, which we would be happy to do for you if you would like.
- Planning Your Trip? Please see the Calendar of Events, Activities & Attractions, Area Entertainment, and Outdoor Sports on our web site. There are also several maps, guides and entertainment brochures located in the bar just off the living room.
- Keys and Locks. The front door is left open, so there is no need to worry about being locked out. All of the bedrooms have interior privacy locks. Your key will be in your door if you need one. Please return the key to the door when you check-out.
- Heating and Cooling. The radiators in your room can be adjusted for your comfort from 1-5 (5 being the hottest). Historic homes can be counted on for heating eccentricities! We have tried to eliminate as many problems as possible, but you may hear clanging pipes occasionally. Our Hot water heater is equipped to meet the needs of all our guests, unless everyone decides to shower at the same time. If you are having any problems with heat or hot water, please let us know. All of the guestrooms are equipped with ceiling fans. They should be more than adequate for Norfolk’s cool summer evenings. We do have several fans available if you do need additional cooling.
- Chambermaid Service. Your room will be cleaned daily. If you would like fresh towels, please place your old ones on the floor, otherwise as part of our conservation efforts, we will dry and rehang your towels, and new ones will be furnished every other day. Please notify us if there is any damage in your room so that we can attend to it immediately. Tipping is entirely at your discretion.
- Need an Innkeeper? Our office and living space are off the kitchen. If you need assistance and do not see or hear us around, there is an intercom on the table by the front door. Also, if we do happen to step out, we will leave our cell phone number on that table with the intercom, so please don’t hesitate to call for anything.
- Although we are a non smoking Inn, there is smoking permitted on the front porch and balconies. There are ashtrays available.
- Pets can not be accommodated.
- Reservations with children under the age of ten are discouraged.
- Free parking for guests.
- To ensure your protection and that of the Manor House ALL Cancellations must be made in writing via E-mail or USPS. But….Please call to alert the innkeepers your cancellation is coming.
- Cancellations received 10 days or more prior to your stay entitles you to a refund, less a 10% processing fee.
- If less less than 10 days notice is given, only in the event we are able to rebook the room, a gift certificate equal to 80% of your deposit will be issued.
- If we are unable to rebook your room the entire amount of your reservation is forfeited as well as a "No Show".