Touch of Ireland Guest House
The Limerick Room
The Limerick Room is named for Michaels' grandmother, Amy Meehan, who was born in Hospital, County Limerick. Overlooking the back gardens, the room has a queen bed with antique brass headboard. The walls are brick-colored, accented with sage and hunter green. A winged-back chair invites guests to use their laptops or curl up with a good book. The ensuite bath has a tub & shower combination.
The Cork Room
Named for Michaels' grandfather, Thomas Hennigan, born in Milford, County Cork, the Cork Room has a 1920s, vintage mahogany queen bed and furnishings. The antique desk is ideal for writing or using a laptop. Rose-colored walls are accented with navy blue and burgundy. Window boxes and views of the front gardens amplify the ambience. The bath is ensuite with a corner shower.
The Armagh Room
Great-grandfather John McCann is believed to have come to the United States from County Armagh as an infant during The Great Famine. The Armagh Room is named in his memory. Twin mahogany beds make it the perfect room for a parent and child visiting Yale. The light green walls are accented with off-white and burgundy. A white wicker chair welcomes guests to relax or check those omnipresent emails. Since the private bath is in the hall just a few feet from the room, bathrobes are provided.
The Dubliner Room
Named for the capitol of the Republic of Ireland, The Dubliner overlooks the back gardens with patio and pergola. Reflecting the afternoon sun, the pale yellow walls are accented with shades of sage and poppy. This room has a brushed-metal queen bed and antique oak dresser. A vintage oak desk & chair and a comfortable winged-back offer guests the option of work or relaxation. Since the private bath is a few steps outside the room, robes are provided.
Located side-by-side, the Armagh and Dubliner rooms can be connected to form The All-Ireland Suite, the perfect, cost-saving combination for family or friends traveling together. As described above, The Dubliner has a queen bed and the Armagh Room has twin beds. The private bath is right outside the room. Robes are provided.
- A 15% state occupancy tax applies.
- Minimum stay required for Yale Graduation and Yale Parents Weekend.
- For holidays/holiday weekends ( Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day) and special events the Weekend rate applies.
- The rate for Yale Parents Weekend (2 night minimum) and Yale Graduation Weekend (3 night minimum) varies from our regular rates.
- We accept cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, personal checks and travelers checks.
- Reservations are guaranteed by credit card.
- Cancellation: must be received at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled date of arrival.
- Holiday/holiday weekends and special events require a 14 day cancellation notice. If you cancel after this, your credit card will be charged for the entire stay for each room unless the room(s) can be rebooked.
- Yale Graduation and Yale Parents weekend require a 30 day written & confirmed cancellation notice. If you cancel after this, your credit card will be charged for the entire stay unless the room(s) can be rebooked. A $25 processing fee per room will be charged for all cancellations.
- Check in time is 3 - 6 p.m or by special arrangement. Guests must confirm check in time to insure that hosts will be available for arrival. Checkout time is by 11 a.m.
- The entire B&B is non-smoking.
- We cannot accommodate pets due to cat in residence.
- There are no TV's in the Guest Rooms.
- Children 10 and older are welcome.
- Consumption of alcohol is permitted. Please bring your own.
- Open year-round