The Connecticut River Valley Inn
Table Of Contents
"in all Seasons... for all Reasons"
An oasis of calm during the long summer evenings; a spectacular vision of color in the autumn; frosty architectural images glow by window light in Winter; the bursting of new growth in the Spring with the promise of warmer days ahead! Discover the "genius of the place", a special place - individual, intimate - a place of atmosphere and discovery.
Lovingly restored and updated to a five room inn by its current owners, Patricia & Wayne Brubaker whose vision was to create a fusion of the historic past with the style, artistry and conveniences of the new millennium. Centrally located in the pastoral yet progressive town of Glastonbury, Connecticut, just steps from either a medley of casual to fine dining restaurants or from quiet walks along the Connecticut River.
At the time of your reservation you can request a variety of extras, some free and some with a minimal charge to make your stay a personal experience. You will be able to request things such as a yoga mat, an i-pod pillow, have your favorite TV show recorded for you, milk and cookies, a bed tray, air dried linens (time and weather permitting).
Weddings & Special Events
Whatever the event, we're here to help you make your special event the best it can be. Your event would include the use of the grounds, first floor common areas and powder room. We are happy to cater events for 50 or fewer guests. You may choose to bring your own food or use one of our licensed caterers.
Allow us to design your event from invitations to gifts & favors, dÃ©cor & everything in between. Not only are we innkeepers, but I am also a professional artist & graphic designer (with many licensed products on the market). I have a library of original art which can be manipulated to meet your needs. We have available the technology & materials necessary to creatively design a custom look & feel to make your event truly special & memorable for all. A non-refundable deposit is required to hold your date. The remainder (including all taxes) is due in full 7 days before your event. Call for details.
- Arrivals: between 3-8 pm. If you anticipate a later arrival then please let us know in advance. Room vacancy and check-out: by 11am. Please enquire about late check out or early check in.
- All rates based on double-occupancy, unless offered or stated otherwise. There is an additional charge of $20 per night for each extra person over 12 years of age.
- Visa, MasterCard or Am-Ex are required as reservation confirmation.
- One nights deposit is required to reserve rooms with the balance payable on departure. All rates subject to Ct State Room Tax.
- Gift Certificates are available for that special person or occasion.
- Cancellations must be made by speaking with us in person or via an acknowledged e-mail. We will be happy to return your deposit when applicable, less a $25 administration fee, if you provide more than 7 days notice of your cancellation. Major holidays or whole Inn bookings require 14 days Within 7 days, and up to 48 hours before your arrival date, you are responsible for one nights charge. If however we are able to resell ALL nights reserved then we will only charge a $25 administration fee. If we are not able then one nights charge is made. A charge of half your reserved nights is required if less than 48-hour notice. Cancellation upon day of arrival, "no shows" or early departures, guests are responsible for ALL nights reserved.
- A full breakfast is included in the rate. We are very happy to cater for brunch, lunch or dinner during your stay with a minimum of 72 hours notice. Please feel welcome to invite friends and relatives too. Menus and prices are available on request. Please note: most restaurants in the area close by 8pm. Special dietary needs can happily be catered for with a minimum of 72 hours notice.
- No smoking is permitted within the inn. Careful, considerate smoking is permitted on the grounds or in the gardens.
- Although we love animals, we cannot accept pets at The Connecticut River Valley Inn.
- We welcome children 12 years or over under normal parental supervision.