Sundance Bear Lodge
The main lodge has two B&B rooms for a good night's sleep, plus a great room for relaxation, reading, watching a movie, and breakfast in the morning. Relaxing on the front porch with a view of Mesa Verde is high on the list as well. And with only two guest rooms here, it feels more like your special retreat than anything else.
Hot tub is on the front porch, and a sauna is just a few steps away in the tower.
Entire Lodge - Mancos & Mesa Verde Suite for $280 double occupancy
The Mancos Room - Main Lodge
Includes full homemade breakfast. Queen bed with private bath (tub/shower).
Decor includes Navajo rug, art by Howard Terpning (famous Cowboy Artist), and a REAL Teddy Bear on the bed. History says The Colorado Hotel created the 1st Teddy Bear for President Teddy Roosevelt on one of his trips west ,and they still make the bears! Locally produced Aspen wood ceilings add a warmth to this cozy room. Breakfast included. We heat with geothermal, and that lets us provide A/C in summer.
The Mesa Verde - Main Lodge
Includes full homemade breakfast. Queen bedplus single with private bath (shower).
Decor includes Navajo rug, art by Howard Terpning (famous Cowboy Artist), and a REAL Teddy Bear on the bed. Locally produced Aspen wood ceilings add a warmth to this cozy room. We heat with geothermal, and that lets us provide A/C in summer.
Forest Edge Guest House
Bring the whole family or your best friends and enjoy the Forest Edge Guest House in "western casual luxury" comfortable, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath house close to the main lodge, but "over the hill" for privacy. The house sleeps 9 people and can be rented with 2 or 3 bedrooms. The great room includes the dining area, living room with TV and kitchen. Forest Edge is a self-catering cabin (breakfast NOT included). Note: this house is handicap accessible: ramps, grab bars, full size rooms and wide doors. Each bedroom has an outside door and handicap access.
- Pinion: 2 bedroom unit with 1 king and 1 queen beds, full bath between the rooms. Plus the great room. Rent $265 for 4 guests.
Forest Edge : 3 bedrooms with 2 1/2 baths plus the great room.
- $285 off season/night - (except Christmas)
- $355 summer for 8 people. weekly $20/night discount off daily.
This enchanting, small log cabin is across the pond from the main lodge. Pull up a chair on the western deck and enjoy the view of Mesa Verde -- about 5 mi. away as the crow flies. You have a front row seat for spectacular summer sunsets! From the three decks the views are incredible!
Downstairs is the queen bedroom, unique bath, kitchen space and dining set. A gas log fireplace adds ambiance and keeps the cabin toasty in winter. The loft has a double bed and sofa, TV/VCR/DVD, effectively the living room but sometimes the children's entertainment center! The unique bath always gets "Wow" comments with its river rock lined shower/tub.
Compact but suitable for a family of 4. Couples have been enchanted. The "kitchen" has refrigerator, electric stove with oven, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster. Charcoal and gas BBQ outside. This cabin can be rented Self Catering style (guests do their own meals) or B&B style (we provide full breakfast in the main lodge for nominal charge).
The most popular lodging at Sundance Bear, the cabin rents very early for most of the year.
B&B or self-catering style. Self cater rates are Winter/Spring $175- Summer $229 for 2. We're happy to provide hot breakfast for $10/person; child under 7 free. Winter/spring weekly $775 rate. Call about winter monthly rental.
- 10 day notice required for modification or cancellation of lodge or log cabin reservations.
- Two weeks notice required all year for rental of Forest Edge Guest House.
- We prefer you call toll free to make changes. 866-529-2480
If you use email, don't assume it is received until you get a response.
- Cancellation or Change in arrival/departure date. Unless appropriately rescheduled or cancelled within the time frames above, guests are responsible for the full reservation amount.
- Change in the makeup of your party
- Rates vary, reflecting season, number in party, self-catering vs. breakfast service, pets, etc.
- Please contact us for a specific quote matching your circumstances.
- Tax rate of 4.8% not included in the above.
- Winter 2 night stay required in Forest Edge, Aspen Pinion. Summer no minimum stay is required. However for one night stay in either the log cabin or guest house, a $40 cleaning fee applies (Effective May-September).
- We will do our best to accommodate any dietary restrictions you have. Please let us know when you make reservations.
- We are a non-smoking facility, with smoking allowed only outdoors in designated areas.
- Check-out time is 11 am and check-in after 3:30 PM. If you are going to be later than 8PM, we appreciate a call.
- Payment is by cash and personal check
- American Express, MasterCard, Discover or Visa also available.
The Forest Edge Guest House has 3ft wide doors and all the living space is on one floor. Grab bars in the bathrooms. Our beds are tall, so let us know your needs before arrival and we can make adjustments.
Children of all ages are welcome.
Dogs and horses are welcome but must be part of original reservation. Let us know that you are bringing Fido or Trigger. We will do our best to make them feel at home.
Ours are the only cats and they reside in the main house. We enjoy our animals and know having yours with you can enhance your vacation. However, anytime animals are introduced to a strange situation, things may not go as predicted. If you are bringing a dog or a horse, we require a signed liability release form.
With prior agreement, your dog is welcome in the Log Cabin or Forest Edge. The Main Lodge is home to our pets, and we respect their domain by not having visiting pets in the main lodge. Correspondingly, our pets are not allowed in either the Log Cabin or Forest Edge.
Please bring your dog's bed so he/she will be comfortable and have something familiar. You are also welcome to use the 80+ acres for walking, running, playing with your pet but please keep them away from the horses. Should there be a problem, we will ask you to keep your dog away from the other animals and with you -- either inside, or in our outside portable kennel, or on a leash. We prefer the pet not be left at SBL while you are gone for the day.
Please know that our dogs Oreo, has the run of the property. Also there may be another visiting dogs with other guests, so the situation could be confusing for the pets.
If you are traveling with your horse(s), we can provide "lodging" for one or two as well (again with prior agreement). We have 2 large (60ft) sand corrals with water and loafing shed, separate from our horses and with lots of room to stretch. The corrals are visible from the main house. Be sure your horse's shots are current.
Horse trailer: Our driveway entrance is up a hill with some relatively tight turns. Please discuss with us any concerns regarding your trailer access. (For reference, we drive a Ford F150 with a bumper hitch two horse slant trailer without any trouble.) But if you're bigger, be sure to talk to us about it. We have a couple of places near the barn and corrals to park your trailer.