3rd Street Nest Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Whether you enjoy outdoor activities, community concerts, or a relaxed shopping atmosphere, our friendly community welcomes you.
Gracious hosting in a unique turn-of-the-century home built in 1908...enjoy the collection of bird houses, nests and birds ...
"Come and Perch a While"
How to Find Us
- As you are traveling north or south on Main Street
- Turn East on Elm Street and proceed two (2) blocks
- Turn South on Third Street and 3rd Street Nest is located on the West
- (2nd house from the corner)
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Jane for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Most travelers are going on to the mountains of Colorado or working in Lamar for a short time or coming to visit our unique corner of Colorado to explore the historical areas, birding and Lakes.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
The victorian atmosphere and the grounds in the summer. We receive an average of 13 inches of moisture per year. Hard to grow anything! What do you love most about your inn? The front porch and awesome dining room.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
First time visitors come to go birding - We are on a natural path the birds travel on as they head south or back north. We also host the annual Snow Goose Festival in February. There are a lot of historical sites close - Bents Fort - Camp Amache - Sand Creek Massacre Site - Santa Fe Trail - One of the Madonna of the Trail Statues is located in our community. Wind Farm with old windmills located between the new ones on the Emick Ranch.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
The decorations at Christmas and the other holidays and the hospitality.A few words from Trip Advisor:"The home has so many elegant features, and the decorating is tastefully done. The bird theme (countless beautiful birdhouses throughout) was fun."" What a charming and lovely old house. Turn-of-the-century antiques are throughout. It is hard to drive away from this special retreat."
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Lots of petroglyphs located near John Martin Dam - a Colorado State Park and the Bald Eagles that are located there also.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Bird - Bike - Swim - Boat - Golf - Unique Retro Movie Theatre-Explore historical sites and lakes within 35 miles. Hiking also.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
The downtown area is within 2 blocks and offers many restaurants and some wonderful antique stores, women's clothing shops, gift stores and movie theatre.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We are all in agreement the Thai Restaurant has great food.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
How many rooms does your inn have?
Two Rooms - one is a suite.
Do you accept pets?
Yes, as long as they are well groomed and well behaved :)
Wedding Facilities Now Available
- Take a walk through the wrought-iron gate to view the pergola which is surrounded by grass, flowers & shrubs.
- A fountain also graces the area surrounding the pergola, which sits on a cement base.
- White wedding chairs and white gazebos (for shade) are available.
- This area and the 3rd Street Nest's back yard can be rented for weddings, showers, graduations, and parties.
- CALL FOR PRICES
- Lavender n Lace Suite
- Complimentary bottle of Sparkling Cider
- Special Treat Basket
- Fresh Flowers
Attractions and Activities
Places to Go
- Big Timbers Motocross Park
- Big Timbers Museum
- Lamar Bowling Lanes
- Lamar Municipal Swimming Pool
- Lamar Theatre
- Madonna of the Trail Monument
- May Valley Speedway
- Spreading Antlers Golf Course
- Annual Air Show & Fly-In
- Bird Watching
- Goose Hunting
- Snow Goose Festival in February
- Lamar Days Parade & Rodeo
- Oktoberfest - 1st Saturday in October
- Sand & Sage Fair & Rodeo