Four Mile Creek Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Four Mile Creek Bed & Breakfast, once the headquarters of the Four Mile Ranch, is located in a quiet valley near Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Originally homesteaded in 1885, the Four Mile Ranch is listed in the National Registry of Historic Sites.
Four Mile Creek runs year round near the main house and two log cabins. Two rooms are available in the main house and a suite in our historic red barn. As you approach Four Mile Creek Bed & Breakfast, a large red barn built in 1919 will capture your attention. The grounds offer pleasant strolls through aspen groves, herb and flower gardens with llamas and goats grazing nearby.
The main house offers a large rock fireplace in the living room, a spacious front sitting porch, and a sunroom overlooking the creek, all for your enjoyment.
Guests enjoy a full breakfast in the main dining room. Breakfast is normally served between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Complimentary refreshments will be available in the evening.
The old Four Mile Ranch bunkhouse has been converted into the Bunkhouse Mercantile. The Bunkhouse Mercantile offers a selection of folk art, farm & garden products and collectibles.
Four Mile Creek Bed & Breakfast is located 6.5 miles south of Glenwood Springs and only 3.5 miles from Sunlight Ski Area.
About Your Hosts
Jim and Sharill Hawkins and son Clay are very sincere in their desire to create a pleasant and interesting environment for visitors to Four Mile Creek Bed & Breakfast. Jim is a retired Denver Firefighter and Sharill is is a former owner of Show of Hands, a gallery of fine American crafts, located in Denver. Several family pets round out your hosts.
Things to do in the Roaring Fork Valley
- We are a 15 minute drive from the Hot Springs Pool and the Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves
- Glenwood Springs and the surrounding area offers miles of biking trails, including the spectacular Glenwood Canyon hiking and biking path
- Four Mile Park is a large, open area in the National Forest that has miles of four wheel drive roads and snowmobile trails; It is located less than 20 minutes from Four Mile Creek Bed & Breakfast
- Aspen, Carbondale, and historic Redstone are all less than one hour's drive through the beautiful Roaring Fork Valley
- The Roaring Fork and the Frying Pan rivers offer fishing in designated "Gold Medal" waters
- In Glenwood Springs ride the Iron Mountain Tramway to the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
- Sunlight Ski Area is only 4 miles up the road and offers affordable skiing on a complete ski mountain
How to Find Us
From downtown Glenwood Springs
- Follow Highway 82 South to 27th Street
- Turn right and proceed 1/4 mile to the bridge crossing Roaring Fork River
- Cross the 27th St. bridge, go around the new traffic circle and exit on Midland South
- Follow Midland Ave past the Conoco Gas Station
- County Road 117 (Four Mile Rd.) forks about a 1/4 mile past the Conoco
- Take the right fork and proceed 5 miles up Four Mile Road
- You'll see our big red barn with the circle 4M brand painted on it
- Turn in just past the barn
Turn left on 27th Street (first traffic light past McDonalds) and follow the directions above.