Hughes Hacienda Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
"Hughes Hacienda - A Colorado Country Bed & Breakfast"
Hughes Hacienda in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is a total non-smoking property, inside and out.
Hughes Hacienda Bed & Breakfast sits high on a hill at the foot of Blue Mountain with magnificent views of the mountains, the Red Rock Valley below and the twinkle of city lights in the distance at night.
Hughes Hacienda is 15 minutes from downtown Colorado Springs and the Airport. The Inn is near fine dining, golf courses, river rafting, skiing and the many activities and attractions of the Pikes Peak area. The Hacienda is on 19 secluded acres with wild life and hiking trails.
Hughes Hacienda has been awarded "Best Breakfast in the Southwest" by Arrington's Inn Traveler Magazine, hereby making it one of the top 3% of bed & breakfasts/Country Inns throughout the United States and Canada.
Hughes Hacienda has also won top honors for most scenic view, Inn of the year and Award of Excellence.
Inn Offerings and Reviews
Breakfast is served on the Portico overlooking the mountains and valley below or in the dining room by a cozy fire. We specialize in southwest dishes such as our unique blue corn pancakes. However, traditional dishes like eggs benedict, blueberry & pecan pancakes, quiche, etc., also come from our kitchen. We are able to accommodate special diet and vegetarian requests. Breakfast time is flexible.
We are sure you will enjoy the privacy and serenity of this unique inn.
Hughes Hacienda Bed & Breakfast has received recognition in "Colorado Homes and Lifestyles" magazine, the "Gazette Telegraph", the Chamber of Commerce publication and a featured article in the "Denver Post" newspaper.
"By now, I'm sure that you have been notified that your lovely inn has earned the coveted designation as BBIC's "Inn of the Year." I congratulate you on this well-deserved honor. Choosing winners from such a deserving group of inns was no easy task. Each one different, each one special in its own way. In making my decisions, I carefully considered my own criterion for a wonderful bed and breakfast, the number of cards sent in by guests, and the comments on those cards. I did my best to be honest, impartial, and fair." Again, congratulations!! Best regards, Doris Kennedy, Travel Journalist
"It's not really a coincidence my inspection itinerary has me finish my day at Hughes Hacienda. Simply put, this is my interpretation of paradise. I name Hughes Hacienda again and again when asked to list my favorites in Colorado. But the real reason Hughes Hacienda gets my nod goes way beyond the physical comfort of accommodations and scenic beauty of its location. What places this inn at the top is the gracious way Wayne and Carol Hughes welcome guests into their home. They go out of their way to set the stage for an unforgettable experience before you even arrive. Music plays in the guest rooms and bathrooms, pinon wood delights the senses in the entry courtyard fireplace, and the kiva fireplace is prelit for your immediate enjoyment. It's a class act all the way. Hughes Hacienda also sits on many acres overlooking the splendor of Red Rock Park outside of Colorado Springs. There's nothing quite like feasting on breakfast gazing at the colorful flower garden and bubbling fountain, with red rock formations beyond, savoring each and every bite of Wayne's culinary perfection. The Hacienda's large one room suite has now been complimented by an additional guest room on the main floor featuring a private balcony patio with its own stunning views and busy hummingbird feeder, which turned out to be the most delightful alarm clock in the morning. I continue to adore Hughes Hacienda, I admire Wayne and Carol as innkeepers, and will always honor their friendship on my travels." Laura Clark, Inspector, Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado
View of Courtyard
View of the Courtyard at the Hacienda
- Blue corn blueberry and pecan pancakes (a favorite of Guests)
- Eggs Benedict made with honey ham or shrimp
- Raspberry waffles with warm raspberry sauce
- Plain waffles with maple syrup
- Biscuits and gravy served with hashbrown potatoes, sausage and eggs
- Eggs rellenos: Fresh roasted chile filled with eggs scrambled with pine nuts and uva seca, topped with sour cream and Mexican cheese
- Huevos Rancheros: Choice of eggs served on a warm tortillas covered with red or green chile sauce
- Breakfast Enchiladas: Corn tortilla filled with eggs scrambled with pumpkin seeds and squash, topped with a mild Serrano chile sauce
- Mexican Eggs: Eggs scrambled with fresh Serrano chile, onion, tomato, pepitas and squash, topped with Mexican cheese
- Quiche: Variety
- Omelets: Variety
- Rocky Mountain Trout served with home fries and eggs
- Creamed eggs with shallots and Canadian beacon in a puff pastry served with baby cakes potatoes
- Continental: A variety of fresh fruits, cerial,cheese, honey ham, smoked turkey and fresh baked bread
- Vegetarian: Please let us know
- Dietary restrictions: Please let us know
All breakfasts are served with fresh ground Starbucks coffee or tea, Juice, fresh fruit , tortillas or home baked bread and a variety of meats.
How to Find Us