Table Of Contents
Intimate and luxuriously cozy, Lavender, a Napa Valley bed and breakfast hotel, combines the warm colors of Provence with contemporary design elements to create a vibrant setting that blends old and new. A lovely heritage home is the centerpiece of the inn's four buildings; the warmth of its wraparound porch is echoed in the enclosed veranda where breakfast is served daily. Don't miss a game of boules in the garden.
This Four Sisters Inn blends the modern luxuries and sophisticated services of a boutique hotel with the traditional amenities and architecture of a B & B.
Each guestroom features a fireplace, a king-size bed heaped with pillows and large brilliantly painted bathrooms with double sinks and contemporary surfacing. The inn also features wireless internet access throughout the property. There are two spacious guestrooms in the main house. The courtyard rooms surround the garden and are entered through a private patio. Your stay also includes a full signature breakfast, afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres, and our famous home-baked cookies!
Our friendly staff will help you select the perfect room and assist you with planning a memorable stay.
Rates range from $225 to $350 and include:
- Full signature breakfast for two
- Afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres
- Freshly-baked cookies and refreshments
- Turndown service, on request
- Wireless Internet
- Onsite and street parking available
Guests may enjoy the pool and spa at neighboring Maison Fleurie, sample some of Yountville's renowned restaurants and, of course, visit some of Napa Valley's prestigious wineries. A game of boules in the garden with other guests is an experience to savor.
Four Sisters Inns signature services, provided at Lavender, with our compliments:
- A bountiful breakfast buffet each morning
- Afternoon wine, tea and hors d' oeuvres
- Evening turndown, on request
- Freshly-baked cookies
- Water, coffee and tea available throughout the day
- Daily newspapers available in sitting room each morning
- Wireless Internet access and free local telephone calls
- Concierge and activity recommendations and planning
- 3:00 p.m. check-in and 12:00 noon check-out
- Books and games available to borrow at the front desk
- Easily forgotten toiletry items, (toothbrush, shaving cream, sewing kits, etc.) available at front desk
- On-site parking
- Bon Voyage gift to all guests who stay five or more consecutive nights
- Generous Frequent Sleeper loyalty program offering enrolled guests one complimentary night for every twenty points earned*
The following services and items are available for purchase:
- One pet-friendly guestroom is available for an additional charge. Click here for more information.
- Breakfast delivered to your guestroom ($10 per day)
- Rates are based on two guests per room. Additional guests over the age of five ($25)
- A bottle of wine (price varies)
- A bottle of chilled sparkling wine (price varies)
- Celebration Package Upgrade ($45)
- Perfect and Ultimate Bath Upgrade (price varies)
- Long distance, faxing, printing or other business services (price varies)
- Adoption of a signature Teddy Bear ($35)
- Four Sisters Inns cookbook ($15.95)
Terms and conditions apply
Food and Wine at Lavender
Four Sisters Inns Signature Breakfast
Our signature breakfast buffet is included with your stay and features a sumptuous hot entrée prepared by our innkeepers. Blueberry Pancakes, Artichoke Quiche or Grand Marnier French Toast are just a sampling of what you can expect to find at breakfast each morning. We also prepare a fresh baked good such as our delicious Honey-Buttermilk Muffins, Blueberry Sour Cream Scones or Pumpkin Muffins. Breakfast also always includes cereals, breads, fresh fruit, juices, tea and coffee. Most of the dishes we prepare each morning can be found in our 6th edition The Kitchen Cookbook.
Breakfastt in Bed is available for $10 per day. Simply ask the innkeeper for the Breakfast in Bed form at check-in and be sure to return it to the front desk by 7:00 pm the night before you would like to receive Breakfast in Bed. This service may not be available at all inns.
Guests on special diets generally find many items in our buffet that are suitable to their needs. However, due to the small size of our inn and kitchen, we cannot accommodate all dietary requests (such as gluten-free, vegan, no nuts, etc.). If you are on a restricted diet, you are welcome to store a small bag of your own foods in our refrigerator.
Join us for a complimentary glass of wine, plus cheeses, and savory hors d’oeuvres each afternoon. It’s the perfect way to relax and celebrate after a day of sightseeing. Plus, don’t forget about our cookies! Cookies are a Four Sisters Inns tradition – every day by 3 pm, you’ll find complimentary, freshly baked cookies, available near the the lobby area. We bake something different every day, so you never know which sweet treat awaits.
Four Sisters Inns' The Kitchen Cookbook
Our innkeepers are often asked for recipes, which is why we began compiling favorites in our own cookbook many years ago. Now in its 6th edition, The Kitchen at Four Sisters Inns is available at your favorite inn, as well as here on our website, for $15.95. This updated version includes more than 90 recipes from our innkeepers, the same dishes our guests enjoy when they stay with us. Recipes are divided into five categories: Breakfast Sweets, Breakfast Dishes, Cookies, Tea Time Sweets and Tea Time Savories. The cookbook has a handy easel stand design; just pop it open and you’re ready to whip up a batch of Blueberry Lemon Muffins.
Guests can either purchase a cookbook during their stay or by clicking here
Offering the very best in-room spa treatments, they'll leave you feeling instantly relaxed and refreshed!
Our Swedish Massage is designed to relax tired muscles, soothing mind as well as body. Long, vertical strokes melt tension away. This is a great choice if you prefer light to medium touch or is your first massage experience. In just one hour, cares and concerns will give way to tranquility...ahhhh.
- 60-Minute Single: $100, plus gratuity
- 60-Minute Couple: $200, plus gratuity
- 90-Minute Single: $140, plus gratuity
- 90-Minute Couple: $280, plus gratuity
Deep Tissue Massage
Choose the Deep Tissue Massage to ease chronic muscle tension. You'll feel the stress of the work day world slip away - this is the perfect antidote for someone who spends a lot of time behind a desk or in commuter traffic. This massage combines deeper, more focused work with the benefits of pressure point therapy.
- 60-Minute Single: $115, plus gratuity
- 60-Minute Couple: $230, plus gratuity
- 90-Minute Single: $155, plus gratuity
- 90-Minute Couple: $310, plus gratuity
Spa Mini Facial and Massage
This luscious treatment includes hot towels followed by cleansing, exfoliation and a mask ending with a moisturizing facial massage. This 90-minute treatment includes a 60-minute massage and a 30-minute facial.
- 90-Minute (Swedish Massage) Single: $155, plus gratuity
- 90-Minute (Deep Tissue Massage) Single: $170, plus gratuity
Upgrade Your Spa Treatment for $15:
The following are additional services that may be added on to any of the spa treatments above for $15 each.
- Lavender Foot Scrub: rejuvenate and soften tired feet
- Sports Gel: Relieve muscle soreness and joint stiffness
- Aromatherapy: Soothe and detoxify with an essential oil blend of Lavender
- Skin Sensation: Promote circulation and detoxify with a dry brush body exfoliation. Brush is your gift to take home.
- Please call the hotel directly at 800-522-4140, at least 48 hours in advance of your reservation to request a spa treatment. We require a credit card to guarantee the reservation.
- All spa treatment reservations must be cancelled 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged.
In-Room Spa Treatments
- Spa Treatments are performed either in your guestroom or, if applicable, on your private patio.
Please note: Gratuity is not included in the above rates
Good to Know
Signature Breakfast Included
You are invited to join us for breakfast in the Main House, available from 8:00 am to 10:00 am each morning. Breakfast is served buffet style and included in your room rate.
Afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres
Be sure to join us in the Main House from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm each evening for wine and appetizers.
Freshly Baked Cookies & Refreshments
Available from midday on, our freshly-baked cookies are not to be missed! They are located across from the front desk on the sideboard. Refreshments are also available in the Main House throughout the day, including ice water, sodas, tea and coffee.
Swimming Pool & Hot Tub Privileges
Our sister inn, Maison Fleurie, is located about a block away and guests of Lavender are welcome to enjoy the pool and hot tub there. Simply check-in with the front desk at Maison Fleurie and present your guestroom key. Pool hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
On-site Spa Services
Reserve a spa treatment in the privacy and comfort of your guestroom. We highly recommend advance reservations for spa services.
Complimentary Wireless internet
Wireless Internet is available throughout the property with the strongest signal occurring in the Main House.
We would be delighted to advise and assist you in any of your reservations including local restaurants, activities and wineries. Simply call or email the front desk with your questions or requests. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with reservations at the French Laundry.
There is plenty of complimentary onsite and street parking for guests.
About Napa Valley
Widely touted as one of the top viticultural areas in the world, the gorgeous Napa Valley is home to more than 300 wineries, from boutique producers in rustic barns to stately and formal chateaux. Cool nights and warm days mean the climate is particularly hospitable to Cabernet Sauvignon…and to visitors who love to explore the valley’s charming towns and surrounding vineyards.
In addition to wine tasting, favorite activities here include hot air ballooning, cruising the Napa River, getting pampered at famous spas, and enjoying Napa Valley’s renowned restaurants. Fall is an especially exciting season, with the bustle of the grape harvest and its accompanying wine events. But the more serene winter season brings its own magic, when the vineyards glow with the gold of blooming wild mustard, and usher in the three-month Mustard Festival.
Winterscape Carriage Rides and More in Youtville
Enjoy carriage rides and more in downtown Yountville! Saturdays (6-9 pm)
Platypus Wine Tours
Platypus offers adventurous and fun wine tours around Napa. You will join a group of other visitors to the other area on a small tour bus and visit local wineries and enjoy a picnic lunch. $99 per person, 10:30 am to 4:30 pm Includes picnic lunch and tastings. 707-253-2723 www.platypustours.com/index.php
V. Sattui Winery, Deli and Gift Shop
Located in St. Helena, V. Sattui has a little something for everyone - fine wines, a gourmet deli and great Napa Valley souvenirs. We highly recommend guests plan to have a picnic lunch here on the lawn during one day of wine tasting. 1111 White Lane, St. Helena, CA. Daily, 9 am- 6 pm (5 pm in winter). $10 for premium tasting. 707-963-7774. www.vsattui.com
California Wine: The Science of an Art
Enjoy a state of the art interactive exhibit that takes you through a year in the wine making process. Held at the Napa Valley Museum at 55 Presidents Circle, Yountville. Wed - Mon 10 am- 5 pm, Year-round. $4.50 per person. 707-944-0550. www.napavalleymuseum.org/
Cooking Demonstrations at the Culinary Institute
Cooking demonstrations are held at the Culinary Institute for approximately one hour and include recipes, video presentation and tasting of prepared item. Held at the DeBaun Theater at the Culinary Institute at 2555 Main Street in St. Helena. $20.00 per person. 707-967-2320
Napa Farmers Market
Fresh vegetables, produce and specialty foods every Tuesday morning. Held across from Copia. Every Tuesday & Saturday, Through Oct 31, 7:30 am- Noon. Free. 707-252-7142
Live Jazz Music at Uva Trattoria
Jazz standards with a New Orleans feel from Phillip G. Smith and the Gentleman of Jazz on Wednesday evenings. On Thursdays, it's Jazz with Django Reinhardt vibe. Held at Uva Trattoria Restaurant at 1405 Clinton Street, between Main and Brown, Napa. Wednesday and Thursday Evenings 7pm - 9pm. 707-255-6646. www.uvatrattoria.com/
Napa Valley Balloons: Hot Air Balloon Ride
Featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America & Oprah. Voted "Best Balloon Company" 1997-2000. Napa, Yountville, St. Helena, Calistoga. Call for Appointment. $215 per person, if booked through Lavender directly - typically $235. Includes balloon flight, Champagne picnic and photo. Call Lavender at 800-522-4140
Napa Valley Wine Train
Year-round scenic 3-hour gourmet dining excursions aboard lavishly restored 1915-1950 Pullman Dining and Lounge cars for brunch, lunch or dinner on the Napa Valley Wine Train. Meet at 1275 McKinstry St. Napa. Advance reservations required. Fees vary. 707-253-2111. www.winetrain.com
Oxbow Public Market
Whether you are in search of a tasty picnic, great 'take-out', fabulous meal provisions, or if you are looking for a bottle of wine, river front patio dining and a unique shopping experience, Oxbow will answer all your needs under one roof. 610 & 644 First Street, Napa, California 94559. 9 am-7 pm Monday through Friday and stay open until 8 pm on Tuesdays for Locals Night; Saturdays 8 am- 6 pm; Sundays 9 am- 6 pm. 707-226-6529. www.oxbowpublicmarket.com/index.htm
The premier location in Yountville for world-class musical theatre, plays, chamber music, jazz, opera, dance and family programs. See website for show times. Fees vary. www.lincolntheater.com/
Napa Valley Premium Outlets
With 50 outlet stores, find impressive savings at Ann Taylors factory brand store, Barney's New York Outlet, Cole Haan, Ellen Tracy and J.Crew, among others. Located at 629 Factory Stores Drive. See website. 707-226-9876. www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=25
For additional events and attractions visit the Yountville Chamber website
Visit our other Four Sisters Inns
Healdsburg Inn - Healdsburg, California
Directions from San Francisco Airport
- From Hwy 101 North, merge onto I-80 East towards Sacramento
- In Vallejo, take the Napa/Hwy 37 exit. Turn right onto Sonoma Blvd. Hwy 29
- Follow directions from Hwy 29. Average total driving time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Directions from Oakland Airport
- From Oakland Airport, take I-880 North towards Oakland
- Merge onto I-80 East towards Sacramento
- In Vallejo, take the Napa/Hwy 37 exit. Turn right onto Sonoma Blvd. Hwy 29
- Follow directions from Hwy 29. Average total driving time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Directions from Sacramento Airport
- From Sacramento Airport, take I-5 south toward Sacramento
- Exit 522 toward San Francisco I-80 West
- Merge onto Jameson Canyon Rd/HWY 12 West toward Napa/Sonoma
- Turn right to head North onto HWY 29
Directions from Highway 29
- From Highway 29 North, take the first Yountville exit and turn right
- Turn left at Washington Street
- At the fork in the road, stay on the right
- Turn left at Webber and the inn is on the right side