Amber House Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
For more than twenty years, Amber House has provided discerning guests with the perfect blend of elegance, comfort, and hospitality in Sacramento, CA. Ideally located in the heart of vibrant Midtown, our two historic homes, a sophisticated 1895 Colonial Revival and a stylish 1905 Craftsman, are walking distance to the city's finest restaurants, shops, galleries, and entertainment.
All marble-tiled baths, some with Jacuzzi bathtubs for two or antique claw-foot tubs. Plush bathrobes, TV/DVD and high speed Internet access. A delicious gourmet breakfast is served in your room, dining room or the garden at the time of your choice. We are a distinguished AAA 4 Diamond Inn.
Whether you are in Sacramento on business or for leisure; are a first-timer or one of the Inn's many treasured, regular guests, Amber House is committed to making your stay extra special.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Judith Bommer for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Our guests here at Amber House Bed & Breakfast stay here for a variety of reasons. Some are looking for a romantic place for a special occasion such as a wedding night or anniversary, while others are just looking for a "home-away-from home" for their business or leisure trips.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
What makes our inn unique is that we maintain the homey Bed and Breakfast way of welcoming our guests and taking care of them, but we are more modern and contemporary than your usual countryside Bed & Breakfast. In that way we are more adept to hosting a wider variety of guests such as business travelers, who are not necessarily looking for a Bed & Breakfast, but are delighted to find out how much more welcoming and more comfortable it is to stay at versus big hotels.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
The Restaurants and its Food. We are the Farm to Fork Capital of America.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
“ I slept so much better than at home. ”
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The secret is out: we are a very bicycle friendly town.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Walk or bike our beautiful historic city, visit our wonderful Crocker Art and Railroad Museum, eat at our fabulous local restaurants, do a side trip to Clarksburg, the Delta, Amador and El Dorado Wine country.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Most local attractions are within walking distance.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We love The Press Bistro, Mulvaney's B&L, Ella, Aioli and of course Rubicon Brewery for excellent brews and 58 Wine Bar.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
Do you accept pets?
No pets are allowed unless they are service dogs. We recommend the local pet motel. www.waghotels.com
About the Inn
Our Four Diamond rated Inn, provides you with the amenities of a luxury hotel. Amber House Bed and Breakfast Inn is renowned for providing special pampering, warm hospitality and impeccable service found only in the most exclusive resorts and hotels. Enjoy a full gourmet breakfast served in two courses in the privacy of your room, the dining room, or garden, at the time of your choice. Relax in a Jacuzzi bathtub for two in a luxurious Italian marble tiled bathroom, or sit by the fireplace and savor the warmth of one of our beautifully decorated rooms. All of these pleasures await business travelers as well as true romantics.
- Italian marble tiled private bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs For two fireplaces
- Full gourmet breakfast, served in your room
- Free wireless access throughout the inn
- Free parking
- Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies with turndown
- Early morning coffee & newspaper right outside your door
- Cable TV, some rooms with DVD and/or Ipod station
- Concierge service
"You thought of everything and executed it perfectly from the room decor to the little things like robes and music - but most importantly, your hospitality. You speak well for Sacramento." - Jane & David
- Dinner delivered & served in your room from over 30 restaurants
- Full concierge service
- Comfortable parlor, porch, garden and library for meetings or interviews
- Flexible check-in and check-out times
- Private phones with voicemail and complimentary local phone calls
- Free printing through our network from your room
- Receive and send faxes with no charge
- Same day laundry and dry cleaning service
- Dining table/working desk in each room
- Excellent reading lamps by each bed
- USA today & Sacramento Bee newspapers at your door each morning
Looking for a special but smaller venue for your intimate ceremony?
Whether you desire a private ceremony for two, or wish to include family members and close friends, our beautiful, Midtown, turn-of-the-century home is the perfect choice. Inside or outside,either in our verdant Garden or in our Elegant Parlor, Amber House is the perfect venue for your intimate occasion.
For additional information and to schedule a visit of our Inn please call or email us.
The Amber House Inn is the perfect location for the discriminating business traveler visiting Sacramento.
Our distinctive accommodations are in the heart of Midtown, just a stone's throw from Downtown.
Corporate Rates Available
- Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful staff
- All private marble tiled bathrooms, most with Jacuzzi bathtubs
- Free DSL and wireless access in each guest room
- Free convenient parking
- Extraordinary room service
- Complimentary gourmet breakfast served at the time of your choice
- Complimentary beverages & fresh baked chocolate chip cookies served in your room with turn down
- Early morning tray of coffee, tea or other beverage of your choice right outside your door before breakfast
Conveniently Located Just 8 Blocks From
- The State Capitol
- Convention Center
- Just Six Blocks from The New East End State Of California Offices
- Sacramento International Airport 15 Minutes Away
- Amtrak Station 5 Minutes Away
- Walk To Shopping, Restaurants and Entertainment