This is a two bedroom Family Suite at our Pacific Grove hotel with 1 bath and adjoining private hallway. The large master bedroom has a King bed, loveseat and recliner, HD TV. The other bedroom has 2 twin sized beds and a television. Access to the bathroom is through the master bedroom.
- Patio view
- 1 king bedroom
- 1 twin bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- Dual sinks
- Claw foot tub
Welcome to the Suite - an expansive room with King bed, Fireplace, and outstanding views of the waves crashing against the rocks. For those who adore privacy and romance, this is the perfect setting for you and your loved one, and with a bathroom you will never forget.
Welcome to the Parke room - an incredibly romantic Full size bed, wood burning Fireplace, that overlooks the rocky coastline of the Monterey Bay. This room was the original master bedroom and has stayed that way, even during Don Martine’s occupation of the house. From the front of this room, you can watch both the sunrise and sunset through windows on three walls.
Welcome to the Eastlake room - with a stunning King Bed, one of the most popular rooms with guests who enjoy sitting by the arched windows and watching waves crash against the rocks, otters swimming in the secluded coves and sailboats gliding along the Monterey Bay.
Welcome to Marie’s room -with a comfortable Queen bed, this may be the ultimate view; named after Marie Oliver who was a niece of the Parkes. She lived in this room for over 20 years. She was very helpful in the restoration of the inn through her memory of the original building.
Welcome to the Victoriana room - with a Queen bed, this room has spectacular views of the rocky coastline thru arched windows; a room with an extremely rare antique 5 piece bedroom set in an especially intimate and romantic setting.
Welcome to the Carriage room - King bed, wood burning fireplace . This room housed the Parkes dual cowl 1936 Packard Phaeton.
Welcome to the Mahogany room - With a King bed, wood burning Fireplace, this delightful room, tucked around the corner of the 1887 Gabled House, is entered through the unusual wide paneled glass door into the oldest building in the complex, with 10 ft. ceilings and soothing wall paper.
Welcome to the Captains room - a special place within the Martine Inn – appointed with King bed, wood burning Fireplace and an historic décor that continues to inspire romance and relaxation.
Welcome to the Edith Head room - with King bed, and wood burning fireplace, this is a delightful room for guests who enjoy both style and comfort and a bit of movie history as well. You will be amazed at the design and quality of this fine walnut bedroom suite.
Welcome to the Empire room - once the living room for Mr. Parke’s nephew. Distinctive to this room is the very unique King sized 4-poster canopied bed, wood burning Fireplace.
Welcome to the Art Deco room - with King bed, wood burning fireplace this is one of the rarest and most fashionable rooms with guests who enjoy privacy, an artistic flare for original art deco, and perhaps a good book by the fireplace. This second floor room is furnished with both Art Deco and Art Nouveau and is very authentic with all original pieces from 1900 through the 1920’s.
Welcome to the Malarin room - with King bed and wood burning Fireplace, this is a truly historic guest room that contains furniture made for the Malarin family - a very wealthy family in Monterey County that received 250,000 acres from the queen of Spain. This furniture was exhibited in the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893.
Welcome to the Brass room - with King bed and wood burning Fireplace, located in the Gabled House adjacent to the main Inn. This stylish, spacious room has a leaded glass window, leaded glass door and a bay window. This room was the original living room of this 1887 Victorian home.
Welcome to the Early American room - an enchanting room with interesting antiques... some with a story to tell. For example, this inviting room has an 1800 Queen rope bed with the holes for the ropes in it. The ropes crisscrossed the frame with a straw filled muslin bag on top and the ropes needed to be tightened to prevent the bed from sagging. Thus the phrase, "sleep tight and don’t let the bed bugs bite."
Welcome to the Garden room - Full size canopy bed in what was the original maid’s living room that faced the courtyard. There was a brick floor that just sat on the ground. This area was completely renovated during the restoration, including a new foundation and floor, but still using the original windows.
Welcome to the Rolled Oak room - named for the Quarter Sawn rolled oak fireplace, Queen bed and armoire. This style of oak furnishings is not done much any more as it wasted too much wood. Guests particularly enjoy the unique view of the landscaped courtyard and pond from the 2nd floor windows.
Welcome to the Fountain room - named for the Serpent Fountain in the courtyard that you can see so well from this Queen bed guest room. The dark burgundy wall covering works well because of the southwest orientation of this room and two walls of windows.
Welcome to the McClatchy room - named after C.K. McClatchy the founder of the Sacramento Bee, Modesto Fresno Bee and McClatchy News Service. The Queen bedroom set was custom made for him in the early 1870s.
Welcome to the Pineapple room - with Queen Bed, named after the symbol of hospitality, the pineapple. It is rumored that if the pineapple finials on the bed were removed during your stay, the host was telling you that you had over stayed your welcome.
Welcome to the California room - Queen Bed in a spacious room that looks down into the Garden Courtyard and continues to delight guests with its blend of openness and stylish comfort. The California room was the bedroom of the groundskeeper who originally managed the estate at the turn of the 20th Century, and was the nephew of Mr. Parke. It is the only room in the four building complex with open rafters and a beamed ceiling.
Welcome to the Monterey room - Queen Bed in an enchanting room that was once the maid’s bedroom. Still remaining from its historic beginnings is the impressive rough-plastered archway that once led to the outside The claw foot bathtub with wrap around curtains is located at the foot of the bed making this a very intimate space.
Welcome to the Jenny Lind room -Queen Bed in this one time kitchen and dining room for the maid’s quarters. This popular guest room on the main floor of the Main House is named after the world famous coloratura who was introduced around the world by P.T. Barnum. Her bust is carved on each of the furnishings.
Welcome to the Walnut Room - Queen Bed in an especially charming and romantic room! This room was an open area under the nephew’s bedroom, which was on poles. Smaller scale furnishings, 3 French doors and garden views make this small room feel very comfortable and is a favorite of many guests who prefer the easy access to the Courtyard.
The Carriage Room
Tall mahogany and marble fireplace, 1860's ebonized renaissance revival 2-piece American bedroom set, queen bed, claw foot tub and shower, handicap access.
Rates, Policies & Room Amenities
- Private bath; most have clawfoot bathtubs
- Many rooms have views of the waves crashing against the rocks and/or wood burning fireplaces
- Soft bathrobes
- Fresh rose in a silver vase
- Private phone, clock radio and hairdryer, nitelight, and french milled soap, shower cap, shampoo, rinse, bath gel and lotion
- Refrigerator with free bottled water; soda is also available upon request
- Lace edged sheets, pillowcases, shams and dust ruffles
- Huge Egyptian cotton bath sheet towels
- Choice of pillows is available, both down and synthetic fill
- Upon request, turned down service each evening with a chocolate on your pillow
- Rare Victorian table lamp for beauty and a floor lamp for reading
- Antiques are genuine museum quality and represent a particular period so that you may experience a living museum
- Full length mirror to assist dressing
- Daily newspaper and current magazines
- Night stands on each side of the bed with Victorian reading lamps
- Sitting area with an antique table; many are marble topped
- Many rooms have washstands, armoires and antique oil paintings
- All rooms have wireless internet access
- Room rate includes a full chef-prepared breakfast served in the ocean view dining room
Rates & Policies
- Weekend rates are $30 higher; Rates in August and September are slightly higher
- Reservations must be paid fully in advance
- 3rd person charge
- Master Card, Visa, Discover
- 72 hour notice for cancellation. 30 day Group Cancellation Policy. A Group is five or more rooms
- Minimum $20.00 cancellation fee (also applies to switching credit cards or refunding a credit card to pay with cash); minimum $300 Special Event period Cancellation fee.
- We are a non-Smoking Inn. Smoking in the courtyard and outdoor areas, only
- Sorry, no pets
- Room rates on this site are the lowest prices available from any site including Expedia, Orbitz, hotels.com and all others
- If you book on a site other than the Martine Inn be sure to confirm your booking directly with the Martine Inn because other sites bookings are frequently invalid