Gosby House Inn, A Four Sisters Inn
Table Of Contents
Welcome to Gosby House Inn! Located on the Monterey Peninsula, Gosby House Inn in Pacific Grove, California has been welcoming guests for over 100 years. This cheerful yellow and white Victorian mansion, with its carefully tended gardens and central patio, sets the standard for gracious innkeeping. This Four Sisters Inn blends the modern luxuries and sophisticated services of a boutique hotel with the traditional amenities and architecture of a B & B.
Afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres followed by sherry and dessert welcomes you back from a day of exploring. Restaurants, shops and a scenic shoreline-walking route are just a few steps from the Gosby House Inn, the choice for romance on the Monterey Peninsula.
The Gosby House Inn has 22 individually decorated guestrooms, each more charming than the one before. Many have sitting areas with fireplaces, a private patio entrance or window seat. The Carriage House has two deluxe rooms with a spa tub for two, fireplace and balcony.
Rates range from $120 to $300 and include:
- Full signature breakfast for two
- Afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres
- Freshly-baked cookies and coffee, tea, hot chocolate and sodas
- Turndown, on request
- Wireless internet
Four Sisters Inns signature services, provided at Gosby House Inn, with our compliments:
- A bountiful breakfast buffet each morning
- Afternoon wine, tea and hors d' oeuvres
- Evening turndown, on request
- Freshly-baked cookies
- Refreshments, including water, coffee and tea, are available throughout the day
- Newspapers available in sitting room each morning
- Wireless Internet access and free local telephone calls
- Concierge and activity recommendations and planning
- 3:00 pm check-in
- 12:00 noon check-out
- Movies, books and games available to borrow at the front desk
- Easily forgotten toiletry items, (toothbrush, shaving cream, sewing kits, etc.) available at front desk
- Street side parking
- Bon Voyage gift to all guests who stay five or more consecutive nights
- Generous Frequent Sleeper loyalty program offering enrolled guests one complimentary night for every twenty points earned*
The following services and items are available for purchase:
- One pet-friendly guestroom is available for an additional charge. Click here for more information
- Breakfast delivered to your guestroom ($10 per day)
- Rates are based on two guests per room. Additional guests over the age of five ($25 per day)
- A bottle of chilled sparkling wine (price varies)
- Celebration Package Upgrade ($45)
- Long distance, faxing, printing or other business services (price varies)
- Adoption of a Teddy Bear ($30)
- Purchase of a Four Sisters Inns cookbook ($15.95)
- Tickets for activities and special events (prices vary, select locations)
*Terms and conditions apply
P.O. Box 3073
Monterey, California 93942
Food and Wine at Gosby House Inn
Four Sisters Inns Signature Breakfast
Our signature breakfast buffet is included with your stay and features a sumptuous hot entrée prepared by our innkeepers. Blueberry Pancakes, Artichoke Quiche or Grand Marnier French Toast are just a sampling of what you can expect to find at breakfast each morning. We also prepare a fresh baked good such as our delicious Honey-Buttermilk Muffins, Blueberry Sour Cream Scones or Pumpkin Muffins. Breakfast also always includes cereals, breads, fresh fruit, juices, tea and coffee. Most of the dishes we prepare each morning can be found in our 6th edition The Kitchen Cookbook.
Breakfast in Bed is available for $10 per day. Simply ask the innkeeper for the Breakfast in Bed form at check-in and be sure to return it to the front desk by 7:00 pm the night before you would like to receive Breakfast in Bed. This service may not be available at all inns.
Guests on special diets generally find many items in our buffet that are suitable to their needs. However, due to the small size of our inn and kitchen, we cannot accommodate all dietary requests (such as gluten-free, vegan, no nuts, etc.). If you are on a restricted diet, you are welcome to store a small bag of your own foods in our refrigerator.
Join us for a complimentary glass of wine, plus cheeses, and savory hors d’oeuvres each afternoon. It’s the perfect way to relax and celebrate after a day of sightseeing. Plus, don’t forget about our cookies! Cookies are a Four Sisters Inns tradition – every day by 3 pm, you’ll find complimentary, freshly baked cookies, available near the the lobby area. We bake something different every day, so you never know which sweet treat awaits.
Four Sisters Inns' The Kitchen Cookbook
Our innkeepers are often asked for recipes, which is why we began compiling favorites in our own cookbook many years ago. Now in its 6th edition, The Kitchen at Four Sisters Inns is available at your favorite inn, as well as here on our website, for $15.95. This updated version includes more than 90 recipes from our innkeepers, the same dishes our guests enjoy when they stay with us. Recipes are divided into five categories: Breakfast Sweets, Breakfast Dishes, Cookies, Tea Time Sweets and Tea Time Savories. The cookbook has a handy easel stand design; just pop it open and you’re ready to whip up a batch of Blueberry Lemon Muffins.
Guests can either purchase a cookbook during their stay or by clicking here
About the Monterey Peninsula
For natural beauty, it’s mighty hard to top the Monterey Peninsula. The dramatic, windswept coastline is a favorite of artists, film directors and photographers, and immediately familiar to anyone who follows the pro golf circuit on TV. The area’s individual towns have retained their distinct personalities, and appeal to visitors seeking different experiences.
Once the capital of California, the city of Monterey was founded by the Spanish, evolved into a commercial fishing center, and is the Peninsula’s hub of commerce today. It’s also home to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, a wonderful place to learn about the abundant marine life of the central coast. Tony Pebble Beach draws the rich and famous, especially those who can swing a club. Charming Carmel is the focal point for the arts, with galleries highlighting every medium.
Pacific Grove is popular precisely because it is not touristy. A beautifully preserved slice of 19th Century California, P.G. is a great place to hop on the 29-mile Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail, whether on foot or bicycle. In the winter, P.G. earns its nickname – Butterfly Town U.S.A. – when thousands of Monarch butterflies spend a few months at the Monarch Grove Sanctuary off Lighthouse Avenue.
Adventures by the Sea
Adventures by the Sea offers a wide range of recreational rental activities and boasts a unique special event location on the beach. Ongoing. 831-372-1807 www.adventuresbythesea.com
Monterey Bay Aquarium
The Monterey Bay Aquarium in offers visitors nearly 200 award-winning galleries and exhibits. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium to learn about ocean life. Tickets available for purchase at the inn. Ongoing. 831-648-4888. www.mbayaq.org
Randy's Whale Watching Trips
Explore the Monterey Bay by taking a whale watching tour with Randy's Whale Watching. Ongoing. 800-979-3370. www.randysfishingtrips.com
First Sundays of the month at La Mirada (concert series)
1 pm - 4 pm – Free. First Sunday. 831-372-3689
Focus on Monterey Co. Wines at Rancho Cellars, Carmel
Wed, 3 pm -8 p.m. Ongoing. 831-625-5646
Carmel Walks – Courtyard of Pine Inn
Sat, 10 am & 2 pm, Tues-Fri, 10 am – $15. Ongoing. 831-642-2700
Directions to Gosby House Inn
Gosby House Inn Address
643 Lighthouse Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
From Highway 1, Southbound
- From Highway 1, take the Highway 68 West exit to the town of Pacific Grove
- The exit will read Pebble Beach/Pacific Grove
- Stay on Highway 68 until it becomes Forest Avenue
- Continue on Forest Avenue to Lighthouse Avenue
- Turn left at Lighthouse Avenue and drive three blocks
- The Inn is the large yellow Victorian on the left corner of Lighthouse Avenue and 18th Street
Visit our other Four Sisters Inns