The Victorian Gold Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
The Victorian Gold Bed & Breakfast, located in Jamestown, California, is reminiscent of fine European bed and breakfast hotels and offers eight unique rooms, all with private baths. Our lodging is quietly located on Willow Street, a short one-block walk from Main Street and the dining and shopping areas of historic downtown Jamestown. The Victorian Gold B&B was built in the 1890s, and embodies the grace of the past with the addition of modern comforts: air conditioning, TV, internet access and private off-street parking. Our Victorian era bed and breakfast is the perfect vacation spot and is also a wonderful location for a wedding or honeymoon.
About Ken & Anita Spencer
Our large home in Riverside County was always open to friends and relatives who were visiting during the holidays. Because we love entertaining, we decided to open a business that would be both fulfilling and fun, one that would allow us to work together... and to be with people. While on a weekend trip, we had such a wonderful visit at a bed & breakfast inn, that we decided we wanted to own a B&B too!
We began our search for the perfect location. We were looking for an established business, nothing too big nor too small... approximately 6-10 rooms. We wanted to find an historic site in a small, quaint town and a wholesome environment for our high-school daughter. Our search brought us to Jamestown California, where we fell in love with a beautiful Victorian home that was built during 1890's. This stately building was turned into a B&B 20 years ago, and was known as The Palm - in honor of the 100-year old palm tree in the front yard.
We gave up our jobs in Southern California; Ken switched gears from his career in accounting and Anita gave up her supervisor position at an electronics company. We made the move to Jamestown in January 2005, becoming the third owners of The Palm Bed & Breakfast. We opened the doors to our first guests on February 25, 2005. One year later we personalized our business, changing the name of the inn to the "Victorian Gold Bed & Breakfast".
The Victorian Gold Bed & Breakfast is located on Willow Street, just off Main Street. The Victorian Gold is just a short, 5-minute walk to the historic dining and shopping areas of Jamestown. However, it is in a much quieter and more peaceful part of downtown Jamestown. We can accommodate our guests' needs, whether they're visiting on vacation, taking part in a family reunion or wish to plan a wedding here. There is much history, beauty and recreation to explore in Tuolumne County and the surrounding areas.
We are relative new-comers ourselves, and everyday we are learning something new to love about our new home and community. We welcome you to be our guests and look forward to seeing you soon!
Your stay at Victorian Gold Bed & Breakfast also includes a delicious two-course breakfast. The first course features a fresh fruit platter, with something warm on the side... perhaps apple crisp, french toast or baked banana. The second course is a delicious hot plate fresh from our kitchen. Omelettes are always made-to-order. Breakfast also includes orange or cran-raspberry juice, coffee, tea or milk. Please let us know ahead of time if you have dietary restrictions or if you request vegetarian dishes. Your delicious breakfast will be served every morning from 8:30 until 9:30. Bon Appetit!
- Central Heating and Air Conditioning - Each room has an individual control to ensure that your room is just the right temperature for you, in any season
- Computer Access - Didn't bring your computer but still want to check your e-mail? Use our conveniently located internet access computer any time
- Wireless High Speed Internet - Open connectivity available in any room of the inn. Check your e-mail, surf the web
- Private Parking Lot - Off-street parking in our parking lot
- Private Baths - All our rooms have a complete, private bathroom with either a shower, a clawfoot tub or tub/shower combination. Enjoy a bubble bath in any room with a tub
- Hair Dryers - Wall-mounted dryers are provided to help get you and your style ready for the day
- Toiletries - Every bathroom is fully stocked with high-quality soaps, shampoo, bath gel, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash and mini-mending kits
- Iron & Ironing Board - Always available for that last-minute touch up
- Television - Each room has it own TV offering 35 cable channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, ESPN, USA and TNT
- DVD Players - Each TV has its own DVD player attached. Bring your own or enjoy a selection from our large library containing over 240 titles
- Down Comforters - Your comfy bed features a soft cozy down comforter, perfect to snuggle into on any night
AM/FM Alarm Clock Radio - Listen to your favorite music anytime and set the alarm to ensure you don't miss breakfast. Or... turn it off and sleep in late!
24-Hour Coffee & Tea Service - Help yourself to a nice, fresh hot cup of coffee or tea anytime of the day or night
- Cold Bottled Water - Grab a refreshing, chilled bottle of water and enjoy it in your room and on-the-go during the day
- Enjoy the Great Outdoors - Sip a cup of tea outside while you stroll the garden. When the rose bushes are in bloom you can find the rose after which your room is named. Some of the landscaping, including our landmark palm tree, is over 100 years old!
- After you breathe in the fresh air, you just might want to wander down the street to go shopping and dining on Main Street, the heart of Jamestown's historic district
Weddings For A Couple...Or For Larger Wedding Parties and Guest Lists
What could be more romantic than a wedding at a Victorian Bed and Breakfast located in a historic small town. We offer all those special personal touches and attention only a B&B can provide. Picturesque Yosemite, the Sierra, majestic oaks, wilderness, open country and historic sites.
You will experience fine dining, activities for all, a wonderful climate and just a short drive from the San Francisco, Sacramento, or Los Angeles areas. Let us help you make your wedding the one you envision. We take care of the details, so you can enjoy your special day!
Just for You:
Wedding ceremony performed by an ordained minister at the Inn, just for a couple. Plus a two-night stay in the 'Royal Sunset Suite', a sparkling toast and memory photos. $495.00
Complete Intimate Wedding Package:
- Two-night stay at the Inn for up to eight couples
- Horse-drawn carriage (weather permitting)
- Inn decorated in your wedding colors
- All flowers
- Tiered wedding cake
- Cake and punch reception at the Inn following wedding
- One-night stay for two, mid-week prior to the event for planning
- Wedding ceremony in the Garden or Parlor, performed by an ordained minister
- Breakfast each morning
- Limited to a total of nineteen people (guests & wedding party)
- The Complete Intimate Wedding Package is only $3,995.00
Design Your Own Wedding:
Let us know your heart's desire. From one to a hundred guests (or a few more), we can bring it all together for you. We will work with you to create your special day.
- Number of guests (including wedding party)
- Type of location desired (inside/outside/local church/train/you name it)
- Music at wedding
- Horse-drawn carriage/antique car/limo
- Flowers you desire, type of arrangements
- Will we arrange for the photographer?
- Will we arrange for the minister?
- Other requests?
- Type of reception (sit down/buffet/cake and punch)
- Music at reception (none/live/DJ/CD)
- Music at wedding
- Dancing (no dancing/wedding party only/all)
- Type of wedding cake
- Champagne Toast
- Wine with dinner
Most wedding packages will include the rental of the entire inn for a minimum of two nights, so we can focus only on your wedding. We will not rent to others during your stay.
In addition to the minimum two nights for the wedding, will you need additional days before or after the wedding? Many of our wedding guests use these extra days for organizing, socializing, relaxation and reflection.
For additional guests above the normal sixteen at the Inn, can we help you with making arrangements for other accommodations here in Jamestown?
Other Miscellaneous Services:
Arrange for personal hair dresser or spa treatments Would you like us to organize the rehearsal dinner and number of guests at this dinner? What else can we help you with (gift baskets, souvenir favors, bride abductions)?
Vow Renewal Ceremonies:
Choose the "just for you" or "design your own" package or anything in between. Reconfirm your love and commitment to each other.
Well-behaved pets are welcome at The Victorian Gold Bed & Breakfast
We are happy to accommodate house-trained, good natured pets and we also accept well-behaved pet owners, particularly if their pets can vouch for them.
Victorian Gold B&B is a pet friendly bed and breakfast inn. For our pet fee of $15 per night we provide a basket with:
- Victorian Gold guidelines
- Dishes for food & water
- Plastic waste bags
- Towel, pet bedspread, biscuit treats
Please don't leave your pet alone in your room. Leaving pets in a strange room can be quite unnerving for some pets. There are many places in and around Jamestown, where your pets are welcome, particularly on a leash. If pet sitting is desired, it can usually be arranged with advance notice, at a rate of $10-15/hr.
From Sacramento, you have two choices:
Hwy 49 South (the scenic route)
After you pass through Angels Camp you are about about 30 minutes from Jamestown. A short cut is about 1 mile south after Tuttletown, take Rawhide road to the right, you should see a small highway sign that says "Jamestown". Stay on Rawhide as it takes a sweeping left turn toward the hills. It will end after the one lane bridge, at Hwy. 108 (note that traffic coming in the opposite direction has the right of way). Come across the highway to Main Street Jamestown.
Hwy 99 South (the direct route)
At Stockton take the Hwy 4 exit East towards Angels Camp. At the very small town of Copperopolis (before Angels Camp) turn right on O'Byrnes Ferry Road, stay on this road past the lake and over the hills until it ends at Hwy 108. Turn left and you are now 7 miles from Main Street Jamestown.
From San Francisco
From San Francisco Airport take 101 South to the San Mateo Bridge (Hwy 92 East) after crossing the bridge look for 580 East toward Stockton/Tracy.
From All Points West
Near Tracy the highway number of 580 will change to Interstate 205 and in 5 to 10 miles the road merges into Interstate 5. After you go over the Mossdale bridge exit Hwy 5 onto Hwy 120. Please note you will be on Hwy 5 for a very short distance.
Continue on Hwy 120 until it merges into Hwy 99 North. Make sure you are in the left hand lane of Hwy 120 and take the Yosemite/Sonora lane and merge onto Hwy 99 and stay in the right hand lane. Take the first exit and turn to the right; you are still on Hwy 120 headed for Oakdale, Sonora and Yosemite.
Stay on Hwy 120 East through Escalon. Make sure you follow the double yellow line through Escalon and stay on Hwy 120; the road takes a couple of snake-like turns going through Escalon. After leaving Escalon you should be going toward Oakdale. In Oakdale, go to the main intersection, you will see the large Yosemite sign at the stop light by the railroad tracks; turn left going toward Yosemite, Sonora and Jamestown. You should see the Hersheys Chocolate Visitors Center on your right after you cross the railroad tracks. You are now 30 miles from Jamestown. Approximately 25 miles from Oakdale, Hwy 120 will go right toward Yosemite. DO NOT exit, continue straight on Hwy. 108 toward Sonora and Jamestown. Look for large green highway sign for "Jamestown", then the sign "Central District." Exit the highway to your right onto Main St. in Jamestown. Come to Willow St. (the third street) and turn right up the hill, (the only way you can turn). The Willow Steak House and Central Sierra Bank are on the corner. Come up the hill approximately 1 block and look for the large Victorian mansion on your left. This is the Victorian Gold Bed & Breakfast.
From San Jose
From San Jose take Interstate 280 South which will change into Interstate 680 after crossing Hwy 101. Continue on 680 until you exit on Interstate 580 to the East toward Stockton/Tracy, OR
From San Jose Airport Go north on Hwy 101 approximately 5 to 10 miles and exit onto Hwy 237 East, continue on Hwy 237 across the Baylands over Interstate 880 until you reach 680 near the foothills and go North toward Pleasanton to exit onto 580 toward Stockton/Tracy.
From Los Angeles and Points South
From LA area, the most direct route is Hwy 99 North. At Merced, exit on G Street. As soon as you see the G St. exit begin to get in the right hand lane. Exit G St. and turn right toward the college. You will continue on G St for approximately 16 miles, all the way thru Merced and the country- side until it dead ends into J59. Turn right towards Snelling, pass through Snelling and after you leave town look for the J59/LaGrange Road sign and turn to the left towards Sonora and Jamestown. J59 will dead end at Hwy 108; turn right and you are 10 miles from Main street Jamestown.