Our cliffside oceanfront cottages are nestled in the embrace of a grove of Cypress trees and Greenwood Creek. The ocean is a constant companion. Comfy window seats and armchairs invite you to large picture windows for a morning reverie or the afternoon browsing of a novel.
- The cottages are perched on the edge of the bluff
- Magnificent ocean view picture windows
- Open beam, cathedral ceilings with skylights
- Fireplaces or woodstoves
- Soft cottage color palettes
Originally built as an executive guest house by the L.E. White Lumber Company in 1883, the mansion retains all the charm and elegance of the hospitality of yesteryear. No wonder that the Elk Cove Inn made such a gracious transition to becoming a bed and breakfast getaway, one of the very first established on the northern California coast, in 1968.
The seven rooms in our oceanfront mansion each have their own style from cozy to baronial, with garden and ocean views. A guest lounge provides for your entertainment and communications needs. A full set of the Hardy Boys, Video, telephone, jigsaw puzzles... just in case you miss those things
- 2 King Oceanview rooms
- 2 King Garden View Rooms
- 3 Queen Garden View rooms
- Private baths & fireplaces
- Designer-inspired luxurious decor
Oceanfront Jr. Suites
One step into the bathroom and you will glide into the generous Jacuzzi spa tub with a smile on your face. Anticipate luxurious robes draped across the bed, and oceans of time to dwell languidly on the feather bed abundantly pillowed. Your mind begins to sink into its relaxed contentment. In the morning when you begin to stir, gaze at the setting moon as it glides down the morning sky above a dramatic offshore rock on one of the most photographed coves on the Mendocino coast.
- Each suite boasts 700 square feet of luxury
- Elevated oceanfront views
- Private decks and balconies
- Jacuzzi tubs and separate showers
- Quiet & private - 1 ft. concrete between floors
- Arts & Crafts decor
- Room rates are per room, per night, for two adults.
- An 11% County Tax is added.
- Several rooms can accommodate more than 2 guests. There is a $50 per night charge for each extra adult guest.
- All rates include a daily, multi-course gourmet buffet breakfast.
- Lodging costs must be prepaid by credit card on the day reservations are made.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Diners Club are accepted.
- Should you need to cancel, 14 days notice is required prior to your arrival, for a refund, less a nominal $50 fee.
- Should you cancel less than 14 days before your arrival, you will be responsible for the value of your reserved room nights to the extent they cannot be resold.
- Holidays require 30 days advance notice and group bookings require 90 days.
- Check-in: 3 - 8 PM. If you arrive later than 8 PM, self-service Check In will be provided for you. Arriving after 10 pm disturbs other guests. Please be respectful.
- Check-out: 12 Noon.
- The inn is not a child-friendly environment. If you plan to bring young children, you must notify us and call to discuss proper etiquette.
- We do not allow pets but will be happy to refer you to local pet-friendly inns or kennels.
- Smoking is not allowed in rooms or on the decks, but is permitted in the gardens, well away from the rooms. A $500 cleaning fee is charged for smoking in a guest room.
- Gift Certificates Available.
- Rates and Policies subject to change without prior notice.