The Lodge Rooms at Sky-Vue are in the Conference Building. Each unit is individually decorated and adds a new and unique charm to the property. All Lodge Rooms and the Upper Room now have hi-speed internet access.
Sky-Vue Tourist Court, Sky-Vue Cabins and Cafe, or just "The Sky-Vue", it is a name that has resounded in the Boston Mountains for over 70 years. The first cabins at Sky-Vue were built in 1932 or 1933. They were originally of log construction. It is known for certain that Sky-Vue was an operating business by June of 1933 from an advertisement in the former "Winslow American" newspaper. In approximately 1940, the cabins began to be rebuilt as the frame buildings that stand today. By the mid-40's an advertising postcard stated that Sky-Vue had "14-modern heated cottages..." With the advent of the interstate and modern motels in the 1950's, business declined, and several of the cottages and cabins were razed as they fell into disuse.
The seven cabins that remain have all had some remodeling in the past 12 years with new porches and roofs for all while others have had their entire outside removed and had foundation repairs, new doors, windows, electrical wiring, insulation, and siding installed. All the cabins have modern plumbing, AC and heat, Cable TV, and either a back porch or a picture window with a fantastic view of the Boston Mountains.
Amenities & Policies
Sky-Vue operates as a bed and breakfast. All cabins, cottages, and lodgerooms include a full country breakfast from March 10th to the last weekend in November.(Off season policies and rates click here) Bed and breakfast cottages have a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker (including coffee!). Housekeeping Cabins have all the previous amenities plus a kitchen and fireplace. All units include towels, linens, and papergoods. The prices stated below are for two people and do not include a 9% sales tax.
Sky-Vue now has Hi-Speed Internet: ask for details
- Rates range from $58.00 to $88.00 per cabin for 2 people. Each additional person over 11 years old is $11.00/night. Pets are $11.00/night(no discounts); restrictions on pets apply(see below)
- Individual cabin rates: One bedroom bed and breakfast Cottage $58.00 per night for 2 people
- Two bedroom bed and breakfast Cottage $68.00 per night for 2 people
- One bedroom housekeeping Cabin or Lodge room $83.00 per night for 2 people (with gas or electric fireplace and kitchen)
- Two bedroom housekeeping Cabin $88.00 per night for 2 people (with fireplace and kitchen)
- The following discounts are available year around: 10% discount for seniors(62 or older) or 3 nights in one cabin
- 15% discount for 5 nights in one cabin
- Reservation guarantee is required. A cabin is considered guaranteed upon receipt of a deposit equivalent to the first night stay. Guarantee may be made by personal check, money order or credit card. All major credit and debit cards are accepted.
- Cancellations may be made up until 3:00pm 5 days before check-in. Less than 5 days before check-in the deposit is non-refundable unless we can re-rent the unit.
- Two night minimums are required on certain weekends. In 2009 these will be Memorial Day, 4th of July weeekend, Labor Day, all UofA home football games(tba), Bikes Blues & BBQ, and all October weekends regardless of other activities.
- Check-in time is after 3:00pm. If you need an early check-in time, you MUST call the morning of your arrival date to check if the cabin is available early. We will clean your cabin as soon as possible, but please understand, that the last people in the cabin may want it until the check-out time of 11:00, and we still have to clean it after that.
- Check-out time is 11:00am, 12:00pm on Sundays. If you need a late check-out, please let us know in advance, we may have to clean the cabin before the next check-in time at 3:00.
- Payment is requested at the time of Check-in.
- Sky-Vue Lodge is an Alcohol-free property (please do not bring any onto the property or into the cabins)
- For the comfort and safety of all of our guests, we request that, if you smoke, please do it on the covered porch of your cabin.
- Pets are allowed ONLY in cabins without carpet. There is a $11.00 per night/ $33.00 per stay pet fee (3 nights or more, no discounts).
- Pets MUST be on a leash when outside the cabins.
- Pets left in the cabin all day MUST be in a crate for the safety of the housekeeper and the pet.
- Please inform us of special dietary needs for breakfast when you check in. If you have serious food allergies or avoid certain foods for faith reasons it is helpful to know before arrival since Winslow does not have a grocery store.