Bartee Meadow Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Our comfortable hilltop home is situated on thirteen wooded acres located just 10 minutes from Historic Downtown Hot Springs and world-famous Bathhouse Row.......secluded enough for peace, country quiet and privacy, but convenient to local attractions, shopping and dining.
Our two-bedroom Woodlands Suite is part of the main house. Our cozy Starlght Cottage is a separate structure. Each has a private, fenced deck with an outdoor hot tub for two.
We specialize in creative packages for special occasions and holdays, and are happy to assist our guests as they plan the perfect Hot Springs getaway.
CELEBRATING 16 YEARS OF INNKEEPING EXCELLENCE!
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Hu and Vista White for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Guests stay here for our peaceful, quiet setting and the privacy and seclusion our property offers.
What are you best known for?
Our food...comforting, bountiful and beautifully presented from our hearty Country Breakfast and our lighter Continental Breakfast to specially ordered picnic baskets and private suppers.
What makes your inn unique?
Our B&B accommodations are separate. Our guests don't even park in the same place and rarely see each other. And both rooms have their own private fenced decks with outdoor hot tubs.
What do you love most about your inn?
Our guests! We consistently welcome the most charming, interesting and delightful visitors.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
People have been drawn to our area since long before there was a city here to enjoy the natural hot springs. Hot Springs is known world-wide as the Spa City and is famous for the local Bathhouses and Spas.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
The many guests who tell us the don't want to leave, and the several who have asked if we would adopt them!
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The fact that Hot Springs is NOT a seasonal resort. There is something wonderful to do here during every season of the year.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
They should book our Woodlands Grand Getaway 4-night package that includes tickets, passes and reservations for everything to see and do in Hot Springs!
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
More walking distance! We are a wooded, country property, but less than 10 minutes by car to the historic downtown area.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Angel's or Belle Arti for Italian, The Porterhouse or The Brickhouse Grill for great steaks, Cajun Boilers for seafood, Rolando's for Cuban dishes, Cafe 1217 for a sensational lunch, The Steinhaus Keller for German. Then top it off with fabulous cupcakes from Fat Bottomed Girls.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
www.hotsprings.org/ is the website for the Hot Springs Visitor's Bureau. .
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have two......our two-bedroom Woodlands Suite in the main house, and our cute little Starlight Cottage which is a separate building.
Do you accept pets?
We are unable to accept pets, but can refer our guests to two wonderful nearby professional pet-sitters who keep our dog and cat when we are out of town.
There are plenty of sights to see and things to do in Hot Springs to keep you busy for days, or you may also decide you'd rather simply to relax and enjoy the quiet solitude of Bartee Meadow.
Either way you will certainly enjoy our food.
Choose between our hearty sit-down timed Country Breakfast or our lighter in-room Continental Breakfast that you may enjoy at your leisure.
We keep copies of menus from popular local restaurants to help you select a spot for lunch or dinner. We'll be glad to give you directions.
We also offer additional Meals and Services (by advance arrangement)
- Picnic Lunch For Two:$25 A tasty portable feast is packed in one of our picnic baskets complete with a tablecloth and directions to some scenic spots. Includes deli-style sandwiches, chips, sodas, bottled water, and dessert of the day. Please add sales tax
- Supper- $20/ea. Plus tax. Just the thing for late arrivals - you don't have to go back out again! Includes salad, casserole entree, bread, drink, and dessert.
- Dietary Requirements:We make every effort to accommodate your special dietary needs - usually at no additional charge - with advance notice.
Hot Springs, Arkansas-America's First Resort!
Bartee Meadow is just minutes away from Downtown Hot Springs and world-famous Bathhouse Row. Many of these historic buildings are open to tour or to enjoy the full spa expeience. Hot Springs' downtown also offers wonderful shopping including unique art and antique galleries as well as great local restaurants serving a variety of cuisine. Around the Hot Springs area you'll find many different activities including Oaklawn Park thoroughbred horse racing and gaming, Magic Springs/Crystal Falls Amusement & Water Park offering fun for the whole family, interactive and educational museums, entertaining stage shows and beautiful Garvan Woodland Gardens offering year round natural beauty in a wooded setting.
The Arts are alive in Hot Springs. Downtown art galleries sponsor a monthly "Gallery Walk" featuring extended hours and often include the artists themselves on hand. The area also offers a wide variety of musical concerts, stage productions and nationally touring exhibits.
Things To Do In Hot Springs!
- Thoroughbred Horse Racing at Oaklawn Park (Seasonal)
- Fishing with a professional guide
- Miniature golf fun at Pirate's Cove
- Digging for Crystals near Hot Springs OR Diamonds at Murfreesboro AR
- Duck Boat City-Lake Tours
- Canoeing near Caddo Gap
- Go-Cart Rentals
- Monthly Art Gallery Walk
- Horseback Riding along scenic trails
- Boat or Jet Ski rental on Lake Hamilton (Seasonal)
- Zip-Line Adventure at several locations
- Magic Springs Amusement Park
- Crystal Falls Water Park (Seasonal)
- Garvan Woodland Botanical Gardens
- Duck Boat City & Lake Tours
- 4 Beautiful Area Lakes Just 15 - 30 Minutes Away
- Nearby Hiking Trails
- National Park Tower (Panoramic views of surrounding countryside)
- Downtown Bath Houses & Spas - Thermal Mineral Baths, massages & spa treatments
- T-Rex Indoor Mini-Golf/Laser Tag
- Tussaud Wax Museum
- Gangster Museum
- The Winery - wine tasting
- Mid-America Science Museum
- The Magic of Maxwell Blade - Las Vegas Style Production
- The Witness - Outdoor Passion Play (Seasonal)
- Productions of the Hot Springs Pocket Theater (Scheduled)
- Summer Concerts at Timberwood Ampitheater
- The Mall of Hot Springs
- Temperance Hill Outlet Center
- Cornerstone Shopping Center
- Fairgrounds Crossing Shopping Center
- Numerous Locally-Owned Specialty Shops
Bartee Meadow Cookbook
With the experience we've gained running our B&B since 1999, we happily produced the Bartee Meadow Cookbook. It contains over 250 of our best recipes and lots of old family favorites including 'Razorback Game Day Dip', 'Bunny Food Carrot Souffle', 'Spitfire Onion Rings', 'Cozumel Chicken With Corn Waffles', 'Black-eyed Pea Cornbread', 'Antique Rice Puddings With Bourbon Sauce', 'Arkansas Trail Mix' and 'Cranberry "Floozie" Sauce'!
Our recipes are time tested and family-approved, and we trust you will get the same wonderful compliments we have been so fortunate to receive over the years.
You can order your copy of the cookbook by calling our office at (501) 262-9100.
We accept Visa, MasterCard or Discover and ship your cookbook the next day.
Sale price of the book is $14.95. Arkansas residents add 10% sales tax. Shipping is $7.50 per book.