Sam Hughes Inn Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
A Spanish-inspired 1930's home, Sam Hughes Inn shares its name with the Historic District just east of the University of Arizona and is one mile from Medical & Urgent Care Centers. Its red tiled roof, original oak floors and Art Deco architectural details add to the incredible variety of early Tucson homes in this residential area. This lodging, often recommended by U of A departments, is a contributing historic property with giant shade trees, a huge walled courtyard area with a brick sunken fountain garden, mature foliage and many places to sit and relax on the large Ramada covered patio.
- NO CITY BED TAX: (Save 13.05% + $2 per night required by law in all larger B&B’s and hotels)
- Small, quiet, home-like accommodation for 6-8 guests maximum
- Closest lodging to U of A sports venues.
- Central location in historic residential neighborhood fewer than 2 blocks to UA campus.
- Wireless Internet throughout, plus guest computer & printer
- Walk to shopping, restaurants, bus, grocery store, pharmacy, bank.
- Close to theater, museums, downtown & dozens of restaurants
- Parking on site
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA PARENTS:
See the "Frequent Sleeper" discount on the Specials page.
University of Arizona parents, business travelers, or visitors, come sample the bounty that Tucson and Sam Hughes Inn Bed & Breakfast have to offer. Antique and contemporary Southwest furnishings are in rooms throughout this centrally located Mediterranean home. Tall trees shade the walled sunken garden, spacious patio and fountain. Pull up a chair. Sit, stay!
A delicious full breakfast of either something sweet or a tasty egg-based, veggie entree with baked breads or muffins, seasonal fruit, juice, coffee, tea or decaf starts your day. Not gourmet, but definitely filling & memorable.
During the days, soak up the sun or enjoy a shady corner of the property while you work or play. Select a good book from the library, doze in the large great room, watch TV, rest on the large, Ramada shaded patio and wait for the often breathtaking Arizona sunset.
Inn Amenities Include:
- Free Wireless Internet
- Guest PC
- Private bathrooms
- Mini-refrigerators in queen guestrooms
- Bottled water
- Desks in queen bed rooms
- Shower robes
- Hair dryers
- Personal necessity items
- Game Room
- Parking on site
- Cable TV in Great Room & Tombstone
- Daily housekeeping
- Full Breakfast included
Gift Certificates for a stay at the Sam Hughes Inn are the perfect surprise!
Places to go - Great sights to see in and around Tucson
Click on any link below for a unique Arizona experience
Sam Hughes Inn is centrally located only steps away from the University of Arizona
A Tucson Brochure
Agua Caliente Park
Arizona Historical Society
Arizona State Museum
Center for Creative Photography
Chiricahua National Monument
Kitt Peak National Observatory
Mission San Xavier del Bac
Mt. Lemmon Skycenter
Music - Arizona Early Music Society
Opera - Arizona
Pima Air & Space Museum
Randolph Park Golf Course
Reid Park Zoo
Saguaro National Park
Ski Valley Mt. Lemmon
Sonora Desert Museum
Symphony Orchestra - Tucson
THEATER - UA PRESENTS
Theater-Arizona Theater Company
Theater - Beowulf Alley
Theater-Broadway in Tucson
Tohono Chul Park
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
Verde Canyon Railroad
Wineries & Vineyards
Related Travel Links: *Tucson Links in bold
- A List of Bed and Breakfasts - Southern Arizona - Bed And Breakfasts of Southern Arizona
- BBonline.com - USA bed and breakfast list.
- Bedandbreakfast.com - Find a B&B in the US.
- Metropolitan Tucson Convention and Visitors Bureau - Where to stay, what to do, vacation planner.
- Planet BnB - Bed and Breakfast Directory
- Real Estate - Pam Treece will help you locate the perfect first or second home in Tucson.
- The Chipman Hill Suites - In Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada . Luxury, furnished corporate apartment suites, plus nightly accommodations with a 4.5 star Canada Select rating.
- The Wyndswept Bed and Breakfast - One of Jasper's (Alberta, Canada) finest bed and breakfasts, the Jasper area's only 4.5 star Canada Select B&B.
- Trip Advisor -Unbiased reviews of hotels, resorts, Bed and Breakfasts and vacations.
- Tucson Business List - A Tucson directory of goods and services.
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN TUCSON, AZ?
Eat, Rest or Exercise, Hike, Golf, Swim, Ride Horses, Climb Mountains, Bike, Book a Tour, See a Play, Listen to Music Outdoors, Sample a Fiesta, Shop, Visit Mexico. Participate or just watch the fun - every month, all year long.
EXPERIENCE IT ALL
Check out dozens of reasons to visit Tucson, Arizona below. Many events are annual. For more information including dates & details, visit visittucson.org/events and http://tucsonstyle.com/events/ . For current week events click on the Arizona Star's Caliente Online http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/ , available new each Thursday, or on the Daily Star Calendar at http://dailystarcalendar.com/, tucsoneventscalendar.com and http://tucson.showup.com/ for events today and for the next few weeks.
How to Find UsCheck WalkScore.com for businesses within walking distance of Sam Hughes Inn, a University of Arizona lodging.
From the Tucson International Airport Terminal:
Exit the airport on Tucson Blvd. and drive north to the first stoplight at Valencia, then turn left to the first stop light, Campbell (also known as Kino Parkway). Turn right (north) and stay on Campbell/Kino. When you cross Broadway begin counting numbered street signs on your right. Turn right when you reach 8th Street. (7th Street is blocked at Campbell.) Drive one block to Norris and turn left (north) at the stop sign. Drive one block to 7th and turn right (east). Sam Hughes Inn is the third house on the right at 2020 E. 7th Street. (Total driving distance is 7.8 miles or about 15 minutes from the airport).
Take the Speedway exit east from I10. Continue to Campbell/Kino (same street, two names) and then turn right to 6th Street. Turn left on 6th for one block, then turn right on Norris. Continue one block to 7th Street. Turn left; Sam Hughes Inn is the third house on your right at 2020 E. 7th St. Numbers are over the front door and on the curb.