Conifer House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Table Of Contents
On the edge of the forest in Flagstaff, Arizona, Conifer House Bed and Breakfast Inn is situated on more than an acre of property surrounded by towering blue spruce trees and dozens of aspens. It was built in 2000 in the Craftsman Bungalow style of architecture that was popular, especially in Flagstaff, around the turn of the 20th century. This uniquely Flagstaff bed and breakfast has four distinctively different quest rooms that are decorated in various styles. All rooms have their own private entrance, en-suite bath with a two-person Jacuzzi™ tub and a separate shower. Your full breakfast may include fresh fruits, fruit smoothie, yogurt/fruit/granola parfait, juices, a freshly baked selection, and a main entree delivered to your individual table for two. Oh, and there’s freshly ground and brewed organic gourmet coffee, too! Our exclusive Flagstaff bed and breakfast lodging is your perfect home base for exploring Sedona, the Grand Canyon and beyond. Discover just how much there is to see and do within 100 miles of Flagstaff.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Lauren Wright for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
People stay here for a romantic getaway or a special occasion. But, certain times of the year people are coming to see the Grand Canyon as well as Sedona.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
My attention to the details -- many guests comment on that "I have thought of everything!" Whether that is true or not I am not the judge. Our inn is unique among other B&Bs in the area in that we are on over an acre with hundreds of trees, but still only 2 miles to our historic downtown area. I love the peacefulness of our location.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Obviously the Grand Canyon, but barring that, we have top notch museums, wonderful entertainment & events (especially in the summer) as well as just being such a welcome climate that is different from what most people expect to see in Arizona.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
People comment on how relaxed they are when they are here and how comfortable everything is.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
One of the best kept secrets is just how "much" there is to do in Flagstaff itself and the surrounding area within a hundred miles.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Grand Canyon, Oak Creek Canyon/Sedona, Museum of Northern Arizona, Riordan Mansion, Wupatki National Monument/Sunset Crater, Walnut Canyon National Monument, Downtown Flagstaff, visit great local restaurants and micro breweries, Bearizona (just outside Williams, west of Flagstaff) and Meteor Crater if you have some time (a little over an hour east of Flagstaff.) Oh wait, you said just 4 days...
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Pioneer Museum (5 min.) Museum of Northern Arizona (10-15 min. walk), Cyrano's Seafood & Chophouse (15-20 min. walk.)
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
I really like the 1899 Bar and Grill on the north end of Northern Arizona University Campus, but I have a listing on my website's Things To Do page with links to what we locals consider the cream of the crop of restaurants.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Flagstaff, Arizona CVB - Hotel, dining, nightlife and travel information for Flagstaff and Grand Canyon
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have four / three with king beds & one with a queen bed.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets. We have links on our website to local kennels that will keep pets overnight & there are a few hotels/motels/B&B that I refer out to if someone has a pet they want to stay with them.
- Gas fireplaces - operational October through mid-May
- Double-sized Jacuzzi™ whirlpool tubs
- Telegraph Hill™ Resort Robes
- 100% Cotton Sateen 300-500 thread count sheets
- 100% Cotton Duvets encasing fluffy down comforters (we can substitute a non-down comforter upon request prior to arrival)
- All linens are freshly laundered for each new guest which adds to your comfort and confidence
- Premium bathroom toiletries by Gilchrist & Soames
- Pure glycerin soaps from Greenwich Bay
- Alarm Clock/MP3 players
- Flat-screen TV as well as DVD/Video players
- Afternoon snacks delivered to your room each day of your stay
- Complimentary wine selections between 4 and 7 p.m.
- Guest services room with complimentary hot and cold beverages, ice, guest-use refrigerator, snacks and movie library available to guests throughout the day until 10 p.m.
- DSL high speed WiFi for your laptop or tablet. We also have a “loaner laptop” for guests to check out if needed.
- Off-street secure parking
- Private outside entrances for all rooms
- Only two miles from the Historic Downtown area
- Organic ingredients are used in all our edible products whenever possible & we seek out other organics for other areas of the inn