The Secret Bed & Breakfast
Enjoy your guest room in the most unique Bed & Breakfast Lodge in the South.
Tranquility and Serenity
Remembrance and Enchantment
- The secret's Main Lodge area offers four guest rooms each with private, full baths and balconies.
- All rooms are located upstairs.
- Remembrance has a DVD/VCR player.
- Serenity, Tranquility and Enchantment have a DVD/VCR player and Direct TV
- Guests may enjoy movies in their room from our collection located in the lodge.
- All guests enjoy a full country breakfast or pancakes, use of the lodge pool and grounds.
- The rooms upstairs, Tranquility ($125) and Serenity ($125), provide a breathtaking view of the valley between Lookout Mountain and Weisner Mountain. Weiss Lake can be seen as it lies snugly between the forest and farmlands. At dusk the horizon glistens with lights from the small peaceful towns below. These rooms feature a king-size, mahogany rice bed. A balcony leads to a roof-top pool with a view second to none.
- Remembrance and Enchantment guest rooms have a balcony view of a secluded shady road that provides glimpses of frequently passing whitetail deer. This is a special location for nature lovers. Returning guests will remember that Carl always had animals in the fenced area. To continue in this tradition, we have added two pygmy goats, Pinot and Merlot and a donkey named Jose' who thinks he's a dog. These rooms feature two antique metal replicas of queen-sized beds. The main hallway leads to the roof-top pool. Rates for these rooms are $95 and $105 with Remembrance having no Direct TV Access.
- Check-in: 2-5 p.m. unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Check-out: 11 a.m.
- Rates are for 2 people. Each additional person $50. Only Remembrance and Enchantment are suitable for a third person.
Single corporate rates are available:
- Sunday-Thursday Only
- Breakfast not included
- Reservations: A 7-day cancellation is required. Multiple room reservations or reservations made for special event weekends (Talladega Races, etc.) or holiday weekend are confirmed the day reservations are made--no cancellation honored.
- Payment: A one night deposit is required and will be refunded if cancellation is received seven days in advance minus a $10 handling fee. MasterCard & Visa accepted.
- Restrictions: No children or pets. Non-smoking facility. (Smoking permitted on balconies.)
- Breakfast: A gourmet breakfast is served daily at 9:00 a.m. consisting of various french toasts, casseroles and specialty pancakes.
- Gift Certificates: Can't find the perfect wedding, Father's Day, birthday or Christmas gift? Look no more. Personalized and impressive gift certificates are available by calling (256) 523-3825. We appreciate your business!
The Nautical Cottage
The largest of all the cottages, "The Cottage," is a ground level facility decorated in the lighthouse motif and wicker furniture. It has been designed for the comfort of two who enjoy roomier accommodations or for those who love to cook. The kitchen is complete with dishwasher, microwave and garbage compactor. The Cottage features sunsets from a very private viewing area. This is a must for those who enjoy privacy and spacious accommodations.
Pictured below is the view from one of the two decks.
Sunsets are a treat from this Cottage.
The 1850s Style Jail
The 1850s style Jail House is the best -- great for laughs, surprise birthdays and for those with a sense of humor. Tell your friends you spent the weekend in jail-better yet, your anniversary or wedding night! One guest commented, "I can't remember what I did on a lot of anniversaries but I'll never forget this anniversary. I spent it in jail!" Guests are greeted by "Shakes," a wooden, life size gunslinger just 'a mind'n his business while standing on your front porch. Step inside and you'll feel like you've stepped into history! Rate: $145
Your view from the private deck or shall we say your private jail cell!
The Sugar Shack
The Sugar Shack is a dream hide-a-way!
The most romantically decorated cottage is the, appropriately named, "Sugar Shack!" An enchanting layered stone cottage -- this is a must for honeymooners and those who have fallen in love forever. Located adjacent to the secret, The Sugar Shack offers the ultimate in privacy as well as a bed & breakfast experience - the best of both worlds. Visit the lodge or the roof top pool at your leisure. Indulge yourself and your loved one in the luxury of a two person Jacuzzi surrounded by mirrors. Snuggle in a king-sized bed as flames flicker from the fireplace. Enjoy your private deck with a breathtaking view of Weiss Lake which is often moonlit with silver reflections. This cozy stone layered cottage is perfect for honeymooners, special occasions or just a long needed, quiet weekend.
Rate: $145 - Sorry, no shower.