(Recipe from Lisa's Granny West!)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
2 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream (cultured)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray tubed pan or bundt pan with floured baking spray
- Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and eggs.
- Gently fold in sour cream and vanilla
- Fold in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt)
- Spoon half of batter into pan, cover with half of topping mix, and repeat
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Wrap leftovers tightly with a double layer of plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.