Miller House Breakfast BurritosFrom THE WILLIAM MILLER HOUSE
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup drained canned diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 12 8-to-9 inch flour tortillas, for a lighter version use rice papers
- 2 ½ cups purchased thick and chunky salsa or your favorite made-from-scratch
- 2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese (about 7 ½ ounces)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Options: Add a large baking potato, cut to 1/4 “ dice and par boiled for 1 minute
Add cooked bulk breakfast sausage broken up with a wooden spoon.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Melt butter in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, tomatoes, and green pepper and ( potatoes and or sausage) sauté until tender about 4 minutes. Add egg mixture to skillet and stir until softly set , about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Warm tortillas over gas flame or under broiler, about 15 seconds per side.
Spoon generous ½ cup mixture in 2-inch wide strip down center of each tortilla, leaving 1 ½ inch border at top and bottom. Spoon 2 tablespoons of salsa over eggs on each tortilla. Fold tortilla sides over eggs, then roll up tortillas to enclose completely. Place burritos seam side down in a 13X9X2 inch glass baking dish. Spoon remaining salsa over. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake burritos until cheese melts and filling is hot, about 15 minutes. Transfer burritos to plates. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.