Bourbon ScallopsFrom WHITESTONE COUNTRY INN
• 2 Ounces of Butter or Oil
• 20 Sea Scallops (Feet Removed)
• 1 3/4 Cup of Bourbon
• 1 Teaspoon of Salt and Pepper
• 2 Teaspoons of Brown Sugar
• 1/4 Cup of Heavy Cream
Method of Production:
Remove the feet from your scallops and marinate for a few hours with 3/4 cup of bourbon.
1. In a saltpan, flambé 1 cup of bourbon and brown sugar.
2. Once flambéed let reduce until it begins to get sticky or thicken.
3. Add the heavy cream and stir together. Let cool and store for later usage.
4. Add the butter or oil to a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
5. Once pan is hot add already seasoned scallops to the pan.
6. Let cook 1 to 2 min. on each side (only flip once!!)
7. Remove from heat.
8. Plate and sauce. (I normally just drizzle the sauce on the plate with a squirt bottle and place two scallops on top).