Asparagus SoupFrom WHITESTONE COUNTRY INN
• 2 Pounds of Asparagus
• 1 Red Onion (Diced)
• 1 Shallot (Diced)
• 1-2 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
• 3 Tablespoons of Butter
• 5 Cups of Chicken Stock
• 1-2 Cups of Heavy Cream
• ¼ Cup of White Whine
• Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
• ½ Cup of Sour Cream
• ¼ Teaspoon of Thyme
• Salt and Pepper
Method of Production:
1. Cut tips off asparagus and set aside for garnish. Then cut remaining asparagus into 1-inch segments.
2. In a saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium low heat.
3. Add the onions, shallots, and thyme and sauté till tender.
4. Add the Asparagus and sauté for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add white wine to deglaze pan and let cook for 1 minute.
6. Add all 5 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil.
7. Once boil is reached reduce heat to simmer and cover for 15-20 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
8. Pour soup into a food processor in 4 batches and blend until smooth. (Be careful!!)
9. Once all the soup is blended together return to the saucepan on medium to low heat.
10. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, sour cream, tablespoon of butter, and heavy cream.