Guiness Brownies with Irish Whipped CreamFrom WESTPHAL MANSION INN BED & BREAKFAST
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Cooking Time:50 Minutes
by Chris Koetke
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz. semi or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup Guinness Stout Beer
- Irish Coffee Whipped Cream (see recipe below)
- Additional Irish Whiskey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9x13" baking pan with additional butter. Place dark and white chocolates in a stainless steel bowl. Place bowl over a pot of boiling water. Stir periodically until the chocolate is melted.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, combine eggs and sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate to the egg mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and cocoa poder. Add this mixture to the chocolate/egg mixture.
- Add Guinness to the batter and continue to mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake in the oven for 20-25 min. or until a skewer inserted into the center of the brownies comes out almost clean. Remove from the oven and let cool.
To serve, cut into 12-15 squares. Sprinkle a bit of additonal Irish Whiskey on top of each square. Top with Irish Coffee Whipped Cream and serve immediately.
Irish Coffee Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Irish Whiskey
- 2 tsp. instant coffee
- 1/3 cup podered sugar
- Stir together whiskey and instant coffee until the coffee is disolved.
- Whip cream until it starts to form peaks. Add powder sugar. Whisk until firm peaks.
- Stir in the whiskey/coffee mixture.