Wayside Inn Baked Eggs with Six CheesesFrom THE WAYSIDE INN
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Italian Seasoning
- 6 Tablespoons (3/4 stick) Unsalted Butter….cut into cubes and softened to room temperature
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese room temperature….cut into cubes and softened to room temperature
- 1 16 Oz Container of small curd Cottage Cheese
- 1 pound Four Mexican Cheeses Shredded (I use Sargento)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Preheat oven to 350F…spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with Pam.
In a large mixing bowl, Beat eggs
Mix in 1/2 and 1/2, salt, pepper, sugar and Italian seasoning, beat thoroughly
Beat in softened Butter, thoroughly
Beat in Softened Cream Cheese, thoroughly
Beat in Cottage cheese, thoroughly
Add four shredded cheeses, top with flour and baking powder, then mix all that in, thoroughly
Pour all into greased pan
Cook at 350F for approximately 45 Minutes or until set and ever so slightly browned around edges. Internal temperature should be 160F. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes,cut into 8-12 pieces and serve with grilled ham slices.
This recipe may be made the evening before. After pouring in the pan, cover and refrigerate. Pull out of refrigerator while your oven is preheating…increase cook time to about 1 hour. Check at 45, 50 and 55 minutes for doneness. Internal temp. should be 160F.