Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 25 Minutes
5 tbs butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
2 tbs cinnamon
confectioner's sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a 9 inch cast iron skillet, melt butter. Add brown sugar. Heat and stir until the brown sugar caramelizes (when thick and bubbly). Remove skillet from the heat.
3. Combine flour, milk, eggs, nutmeg, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Stir until there are no lumps in the batter.
4. Pour on top of the brown sugar mixture in the cast iron skillet. Arrange the sliced apple on top of the batter. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the apple.
5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Immediately transfer the pancake to a large platter, apple side down. Garnish with powdered sugar.