Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 teaspoons orange zest
3/4 orange juice
1/4 cup canola oil
1-1/4 cups finely chopped rhubarb
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pecans, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. In another bowl, beat together the egg, orange zest, orange juice, and canola oil. Stir in the rhubarb.
4. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the rhubarb mixture in all at once. Stir until moistened (the batter should be lumpy).
5. Spray muffin cups with baking spray. Fill each cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle the tops with the brown sugar.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans. Serve immediately.