8 slices ham
4 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups shredded cheese (sharp cheddar mixed with Asiago, Parmesan, or other similar cheese)
8 teaspoons fresh herbs (any combination of basil, thyme, chives, or parsley)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease 8 au gratin dishes or spray with cooking spray.
- Line each with a ham slice.
- Layer herbs, then cheese into dishes on top of ham.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the mustard, yogurt, and nutmeg.
- Pour or spoon the egg mixture into the dishes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely set.
Note: You can also substitute turkey ham or vegetarian sausage patties for the ham in this dish.
Makes 8 servings