Lemon CheesecakeFrom INN AT STONY CREEK BED & BREAKFAST
Cooking Time:1 hour and 35 minutes
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 containers (3.5 oz each) lemon pudding (from 4-pack container)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping or real whipped cream for topping
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 containers (3.5 oz each) lemon pudding (from 4-pack
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping or real whipped
cream for topping
1. Heat oven to 300°F. Spray bottom and side of 10-inch springform pan with baking spray with flour. Wrap foil around outside of pan to catch drips. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cake mix; set aside. In large bowl, beat remaining cake mix, oil, 1 egg and lemon peel with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press in bottom and 1 inch up side of pan.
2. In same large bowl, beat reserved cake mix, the cream cheese, sugar, pudding and sour cream on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in 3 eggs, one at a time, until mixed. Pour over crust.
3. Bake 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 35 minutes or until edges are set but center of cheesecake jiggles slightly when moved. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes longer.
4. Remove cheesecake from oven; place on cooling rack. Without releasing side of pan, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Cover loosely; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove side of pan before serving. Pipe or spoon whipped topping around outside edge of cheesecake.
Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings
This is such an easy cake and so good for spring or summer desserts. Enjoy.