Mary's Famous Pumpkin BreadFrom STONEWALL JACKSON INN BED AND BREAKFAST
- 1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
1. Grease and flour 9 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Measure flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices into large bowl. Stir to blend. In separate bowl mix together pumpkin, water, oil, and eggs. Add this to flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in nuts and raisins.
3. Bake at 350 for one hour and 15 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cover loaf tightly with foil. Allow to steam for 10 min. Remove foil and turn out onto a cooling rack. Tent lightly with foil and allow to cool completely.