Becca's Sugar CookiesFrom STAR OF TEXAS BED & BREAKFAST
Cooking Time:12 minutes
- 1/2 C (1 stick) unsalted room temp butter
- 1/2 C canola oil (or whatever oil you want- although I don't think olive oil would be very tasty!)
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 large egg from your chickens outside.. oh wait, that's just us ;)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or I suppose you could just use salted butter and omit the salt. It's whatever.)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
Beat the first 4 ingredients, add egg and mix thoroughly, add vanilla. Mix all dry ingredients separately then add to the rest and mix. Scoop out with a small ice cream scoop, or how ever you want to do it. I flatten these and generously sprinkle sugar on them. Bake on 325* for about 12 minutes and cool on wire rack. I like to place wax paper (or anything really) under them while they are cooling so that I can ice them and it will drip down onto the paper instead of making a huge sticky mess to clean up.
For the glaze, just mix all together until its a nice runny consistency and pour over cookies! ENJOY!
Juice of 1 lime
Zest of 1 lime
Enough powdered sugar to make the icing a nice consistency for glazing (a few cups)
I don't always measure stuff.... sorry!