Baked Fish & PotatoesFrom INN OF SILENT MUSIC
1 lb baby new potatoes, washed & cut into wedges
Baking dish that can accommodate both the fish & potatoes in one layer
4 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary
5-8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
salt & pepper to taste
4 (6-7 oz) fish fillets such as rockfish, grouper, red snapper (firm fleshed)
mayonaise for coating fish
Fine, dry unflavored breadcrubs for sprinkling
1/2 lb crabmeat
1 Tbl coarsely chopped pecans
1 Tbl coarsely chopped green onion
Old Bay seasoning to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 400.
2. Place potato wedges inthe baking dish. Pour 2 Tbl of olive oil over them, add 2 sprigs of rosemary, the garlic cloves, salt & pepper. Toss thoroughly & place in preheated oven.
3. After 10 minutes, remove the dish to turn the potatoes ovver, then put them back in the oven. Cook until potatoes feel tender when tested with a fork & are beginning to brown lightly -- about 5 more minutes (allow more time if using larger potatoes).
4. While the potatoes are baking, combine the crab, pecan, green onion & Old Bay, tossing gently so as not to break the crab apart. Set aside. Spread a light coating of mayonaise on each fish fillet, season with salt & pepper to taste, and set aside.
5. Remove the dish with the potatoes from the oven. Push the potatoes to the sides, making room in the center for the fish. Place the prepard fillets in the cener of the dish in one layer, sprinkle with the bread crumbs & drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Return the dish to the oven & bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove the dish & divide the crab mixture evenly over the top of each fillet. Return to the oven & bake for another 3 minutes. Serve on a bed of sauteed greens such as kale, chard or collard greens.