2 1/4 Cups All purpose flour
2 Tsp Ground ginger
1 Tsp Baking soda
3/4 Tsp Ground cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ground cloves
1/4 Tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Margarine, softened
1 Cup White sugar
1 Tbsp Water
1/4 Cup Molasses
2 Tbsp White sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Upper Oven Temp: 325
Time; 5 min