Chocolate Wafer CookieFrom RABBIT HILL INN
Many guests have requested this heavenly good, versatile chocolate wafer cookie recipe. It’s an anytime sweet treat. We serve them at afternoon tea. Enjoy then with ice cream, make chocolate sandwich cookies, or use them to garnish any dessert. You can dip or drizzle them with white chocolate, sprinkle them with cocoa nibs or pine nuts. Seriously, the options are endless! Be sure to make extra big batches. Everyone will ask you for them. Luckily, this is an easy “do ahead & freeze” recipe. Trust me, you’ll be adding this recipe to your “fav” recipe files.
3 1/2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
- Cream together until light & fluffy (about 3-5 minutes) Set aside
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups dark cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Sift all these dry ingredients together. Set aside
6 TBSP milk
2 tsp vanilla
- mix together
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture – use low mixing speed to blend.
- When incorporated, add milk mixture. Mix until just smooth
- Form dough into log. We prefer to roll in parchment paper, refrigerate, then slice and bake in a 350 degree oven for 6-8 minutes.
> You can enhance these wafers in so many ways – drizzle them w/ icings, sprinkle them w/ crushed nuts, or anything you wish.
> These wafers can be frozen
> You can freeze the dough log and slice & bake at another time