Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream ConeFrom RABBIT HILL INN
Sure, you can buy ice cream cones at the store. But usually they are small, overly crunchy and fall apart, and often not very fresh. You can easily make homemade ice cream cones and even add custom flavorings. You will need a waffle cone iron or a pizzelle iron (neither is very expensive). Chef Phyllis whips up batches of delicious vanilla ice cream cones to go along with all her homemade ice creams. You can make large batches and keep them fresh in an air tight container stored in a dry place.
2/3 cups sugar
2 Tbsp oil
1 cup cake flour
1/2 cup milk
Pinch of salt
Vanilla to taste
- In a large bowl, cream together eggs, sugar, and oil
- Add in the cake flour, fold in to cream mixture
- Add in the milk, salt, and vanilla.
- Let mixture rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Make cones according to the instructions of your iron.