Curry Carrot Broccoli Soup RecipeFrom RABBIT HILL INN
Plan on sharing this delicious soup recipe with all your friends. This gluten free soup recipe yields one gallon.
1 med onion, medium dice
3 stalks celery, medium dice
3 cloves garlic, minced
5 carrots, medium dice
1 head broccoli, rough chopped
6 Tbls butter
3 qts water
1 qt heavy cream
4 Tbls salt & pepper to taste
4 Tbls curry powder
¼ cup brown sugar
- Boil broccoli until tender; then shock in ice water for greener color. Set aside.
- In a stock pot, sweat onions, carrots, and celery until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add water, bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add broccoli, curry, brown sugar, and salt & pepper.
- Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Puree; then return to stock pot and add heavy cream.
- Stir in puree and allow cream to warm.
- Serve when desired temperature is reached.