• 2 Ounces of Butter
• 1 ½ Cups of Polenta
• 4 ½ Cups of Water
• 1 Onion (Fine Diced)
• ½ Cup of Carrots (Fine Diced)
• ½ Cup of Peppers (and color or flavor will work) (Fine Diced)
• 3 Tablespoons of Garlic (Fine Diced)
• 3 Tablespoons of Shallots (Fine Diced)
• 2 Cups of Sliced Mushrooms (and Variety)
• 1-2 Cups of Cheese (Depends on how creamy you want it and flavor profile, I normally use Parmesan Cheese)
• Salt and Pepper to Taste
Method of Production:
1. In a saucepan over medium eat melt butter and add onions, carrots, peppers, shallots, and garlic.
2. After everything is tender and aromatic, about 4-6 minutes, add mushrooms and cook for another 4-6 minutes.
3. Add water and bring to a boil.
4. Once boil is reached pour in the polenta in a steady consistent stream stirring the entire time with a rubber spatula.
5. Once all the polenta is incorporated reduce heat to low and add cheese.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.