1. In a large mixing bowl combine the dry cake mix, 2 cups of flour, yeast and salt. Add the water and beat with electric mixer on low speed til combined, scrapping sides of the bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in as much remaining flour as you can with a wooden spoon, turn dough onto a floured surface and knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a smooth dough (about 3 minutes). Place the dough in a large greased bowl and cover and let rise in a warm place til doubled in size (about an hour).
3. Punch dough down and turn out on a well-floured surface and divide in half and cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll each portion to form a 16x9 inch rectangle.
4. Spread each rectangle with half of the 1/4 cup butter and sprinlke with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Starting from the long side roll dough and pinch to seal. Cut the dough into 1 inch slices.
5. In a saucepan combine the brown sugar, 1 cup of butter and syrup and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and divide mixture between 2 9x13 pans.
6. Sprinkle nuts evenly into the pan. Place half of the rolls in each baking pan and cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
7. Before baking remove the rolls from the frig. and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
8. Bake in a 350 oven for about 25 minutes or until golden. Let cool for 10 minutes in pans on wire racks. Turn out onto foil and serve warm or cool. Cover and store at room temps. for 8 hours or wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Makes 32 rolls.