1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons water
Cream Puff Layer
1) Combine pastry layer ingredients. Blend as for pie crust. Divide dough in half & pat into 2 inch rectangular strips, 3x12 inches - on an ungreased cookie sheet.
2) Bring butter & water to a rolling boil, remove from heat. Add flour beating well until mixture forms a smooth ball. Return to heat for 1 minute. Add eggs one at a time, beating vigorously after each egg. Mix in almond extract. Spread evenly over the first layer.
3) Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
4) Combine glaze ingredients to form glaze. While glaze is still smooth, pour over pastry.
5) Sprinkle with slivered almonds.