1 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
1/3 Cup sugar
2 Tsp. baking powder
1/2 Tsp. baking soda
1/4 Tsp. salt
1 Cup milk
Cup ricotta cheese
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melt
2 Extra-large eggs, separate
1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
2 Tsp. fresh lemon juice
- In mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together milk, ricotta, melted butter, egg yolks, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add the ricotta mix to the flour mix and stir with a whisk just until combined.
- Heat large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- In another clean bowl, beat the egg whites w/electric mixer until stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until only streaks of white remain.
- Lightly spray the skillet/griddle w/nonstick spray.
- Spoon batter onto griddle in heaping tablespoons to form circular cakes about 3 inches in diameter.
- Cook until slightly dry around the edges.
Griddle Tem: 325