2 cup All purpose flour
2/3 cup Yellow cornmeal
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1 cup Butter (softened)
1 cup Packed brown sugar
2 each Eggs Yolks
2 tsp Finely shredded lemon peel
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Strawberry preserves
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sage, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 20 seconds. Add brown sugar and beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg yolks, lemon peel, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour mixture.Shape dough into 3/4 in balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet. Lightly press the tip of your thumb into the center of each ball.
- Fill the centers with about 1/4 tsp. of the strawberry preserves. Bake about 5 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
Upper Oven Tem: 325
Time; 5 min