Delightfully tasty raisin scones with crusty outside and soft inside. Perfect with homemade Blueberry Butter or Homemade Devonshire Cream. Serves 16.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 eggs - well beaten
- ¼ cup milk or ½ and ½ or cream
- ½ cup raisins or chopped almonds or choc. chips or cinnamon chips or chopped dried fruit , etc.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together
- Cut in butter with pastry cutter or 2 knives
- Mix eggs with milk and add to dry ingredients
- Do Not over mix
- Add raisins or other ingredients
- Drop by spoonfuls onto un-greased sheet cake pan or onto parchment paper (my preferred method), or Press into 2 very lightly greased pie pans (I use glass)
- Bake 375 for 14 to 15 minutes
- Brush tops with butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar
- Can be frozen and reheated briefly, but never as good as fresh.
Enjoy - Pat