2 cups cooked fresh salmon, bones and skin removed (reserve 3-4 Tbsps poaching liquid) or if unavailable, 1 lb can salmon with liquid
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsps minced fresh parsley
1 1/2 Tbsps minced onion
2 Tbsps chopped fresh lemon thyme (if available- can be tarragon or dill)
1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cups + 1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Turn salmon and liquid into mixing bowl. Add seasonings, onion and bread crumbs and mix thoroughly.
- In separate bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Then combine with salmon mixture. Stir in lemon juice.
- Place in buttered glass loaf pan. Bake until delicately brown, approximately 40-45 minutes.
Yield: 6-8 servings
- Eggs can be reduced to only 1, if milk is increased to 1 cup
- We use a 9: loaf pan, so the slices are not as high. Each guest's plate gets two slices of salmon loaf, which are topped with 4 slices of hard boiled eggs and an herb (same herb as in loaf) Bernaise Sauce.