At Holualoa Inn on the Big Island, our chef, Crystal, gathers macadamia nuts from trees on the estate, dries and cracks them to prepare these most delicious cookies for our guests.
- Pulse macadamia nuts in food processor until finely ground.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together nuts, sugar, butter and salt.
- Mix in flour until just incorporated.
- Shape dough into a long rectangle, approx. 16” by 2” by 1”.
- Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for one hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut dough into squares and lay on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler
- Dip bottom half of cookie and let set.
- Garnish with additional macadamia nuts, if desired.
- Eat and enjoy!