3 eggs for normal omelet (or 2 pending preference)|
1/4 tea. butter (or spray with Pam)
1 slice ham, cut in half
2 heaping tbsp. grated cheeses of choice (i.e. cheddar and Swiss mix)
1-2 tbl. Corn Relish from the Jam & Jelly Kitchen of Kitchen Kettle Village, Intercourse, PA (800) 732-3538
- Lay 1/2 slice of ham on a plate, place corn relish and cheese evenly on top of it. Place in a microwave oven.
- Heat oil in omelet pan or spray with Pam.
- Beat eggs well to aerate, season with salt and pepper, and pour into pan. As eggs cook, lift edge and let uncooked egg run underneath.
- Cook ham/corn relish/cheese for 15 seconds to warm and melt cheese.
- Turn egg to cook on other side.
- Place ham/corn relish/cheese on half of egg. Cook omelet until done. Fold other half over ham/corn/cheese and slide onto plate.
We often serve with scones, herb seasoned stone ground grits, slice of ham and cut fruit.