2- ½ c all-purpose flour, divided
½ c firmly packed light brown sugar
1- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, divided
14 tbl unsalted butter, cut into pieces, softened and divided
1 tbl baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ c granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature*
¾ c milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- Combine ½ c flour, light brown sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 4 tbl butter with a pastry blender until streusel is crumbly; set aside.
- Sift together remaining 2 cups flour, remaining 1 tsp cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Mix sugar and remaining 10 tbl butter in a separate bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into butter mixture until blended. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing until smooth. Add vanilla, and mix well.
- Divide batter evenly among baking cups, filling each about three-quarters full. Sprinkle evenly with reserved streusel topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until springy and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired. Makes 12 small or 6 large muffins.
* Remove eggs from refrigerator, and place in bowl for 30 minutes.