This is a quick and easy recipe for the calorie conscious. There's no excuse to skip the most important meal of the day. Did you know that you should eat SOMETHING within the first 45 minutes of getting up. If not your next meal will be stored as FAT.
2 lbs bulk breakfast sausage or Chorizo sausage
3 cups shredded cheese
4 cups Bisquick
2 cups cornmeal
3 1/2 cups milk
- Line muffin tins with paper liners, and set aside.
- Fry, crumble and drain the sausage.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the cornmeal, Bisquick, milk and eggs.
- Add the shredded cheese and the drained sausage, stirring well.
- Ladle the filling into the prepared muffin tins, filling almost to top.
- Bake for about 13-17 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in the freezer in a large airtight container, or place each muffin in a sandwich bag, then placing a dozen in a large Ziploc bag. When ready to serve, microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 107
Total fat: 12g
Total Carbs: 12.1g