1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sifted flour
1 cup butter divided into 1/2 cups
1 cup chopped nuts
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring
4 cups powdered sugar
8 T evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cream 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Add 2 eggs. Add 3/4 cup sifted flour and 3 T cocoa. Add 1 cup chopped nuts, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Cook in a shallow (8X8 or 9X9) brownie pan at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While brownies are cooking, cut 15 marshmallows in half (or use 30 small marshmallows)
- In a sauce pan mix remaining ½ cup butter, 6T cocoa and 1 tsp vanilla with 4 cups powdered sugar and 8T evaporated milk to make topping. Stir over low heat until butter melts.
- When brownies are done, cover with cut marshmallows and pour chocolate topping over.
- Cool before serving. Best when made a day ahead.