(One 10 inch cake; 2 servings)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 extra large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425° (450° if using individual soufflé dishes)
- Whisk together above ingredients until smooth.
- Add 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter (or 1 tablespoon for each dish) in either a 10 inch ovenproof skillet (cast iron is ideal) or 2 individual soufflé dishes and melt in preheated oven:
- When butter is melted and sizzling hot, remove from the oven and tilt the pan so that the butter coats the sides.
- Immediately pour egg mixture into the skillet (or soufflé dishes) and place back in oven
- Bake until pastry is puffed and golden, 10-11 minutes.
- Remove puffed pancake immediately fill center with one tablespoon lemon juice and sprinkle heavily powdered sugar over total pancake.
- Serve immediately.
- Note when using individual soufflé dishes, increase oven temperature to 450 F cook same amount of time- puffed pancake should be very browned on puffed edges)